Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

My cousin’s daughter is a nurse at Hackensack Univ medical center. She said they have a refrigerated truck in the parking lot to handle all the dead bodies since the in house facilities were overflowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Barb said:

My cousin’s daughter is a nurse at Hackensack Univ medical center. She said they have a refrigerated truck in the parking lot to handle all the dead bodies since the in house facilities were overflowing.

Yeah that is pretty common in the New York metro area, unfortunately. Hospitals here already have contingency plans that include refrigerated trucks as well. Really sad to see.

29 minutes ago, Barb said:

That’s like all the hospitals in the NYC area it’s bananas reminds me of the billy Joel song Moving Out about when he says who needs a house down in Hackensack is that all you get for your money. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s like all the hospitals in the NYC area it’s bananas reminds me of the billy Joel song Moving Out about when he says who needs a house down in Hackensack is that all you get for your money. 

How’s your uncle doing?

32 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

We are not far from JBS mentioned in the article. Most of their workers are Spanish speaking only, and car pool from Philadelphia and Allentown. Many live in the same house. I’m not surprised they had a huge outbreak. 

13 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

We are not far from JBS mentioned in the article. Most of their workers are Spanish speaking only, and car pool from Philadelphia and Allentown. Many live in the same house. I’m not surprised they had a huge outbreak. 

Well they should have followed social distancing. 

So I think the thing that is getting completely glossed over and I would love to see more research and thought on it is the fact that population density is a tremendous factor in this and will obviously continue to be an issue with future pathogens. I don't think there is any question that NYC is the hardest hit because it is the most dense part of the country. There isn't any animal on earth, people included, that have any business living literally stacked on top of each other like we do in our biggest cities. 

At least in my opinion through totally anecdotal reasoning, there must be a critical mass tipping point on a city where we just say "enough is enough" and find a way to curb the growth. Pandemic or not  it is a logistical nightmare to keep that many people healthy and fed in such a small area.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Not purchasing meat from the supermarkets for the foreseeable future. Dinnerly order was placed last night.

Uhh, they sell wholesale too, did you ask where you placed dinner last night where they got their proteins from, and if anybody there had the sniffles?

Not being a dick here, but its my opinion take out is a bigger risk than supermarket meats.  

here is a list of their brands.  https://www.cargill.com/meat-poultry/cargill-meat-solutions

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Schif said:

So I think the thing that is getting completely glossed over and I would love to see more research and thought on it is the fact that population density is a tremendous factor in this and will obviously continue to be an issue with future pathogens. I don't think there is any question that NYC is the hardest hit because it is the most dense part of the country. There isn't any animal on earth, people included, that have any business living literally stacked on top of each other like we do in our biggest cities. 

At least in my opinion through totally anecdotal reasoning, there must be a critical mass tipping point on a city where we just say "enough is enough" and find a way to curb the growth. Pandemic or not  it is a logistical nightmare to keep that many people healthy and fed in such a small area.  

NYC is also the hardest hit because it has the most international travelers.  It’s sad how many dozens of transit workers have died from this in NYC.  The buses and subways are about as cramped as it gets. 

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you eat anything else besides meat?

Sure, I eat all sorts of fruits and vegetables.  Artichokes are one of my favorites. You'd be surprised what you can freeze and is good months later.  It also helps to own a vacuum sealer.

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

It's really bad here like I predicted in March. Unfortunately my older relatives insist on shopping locally. My grandfather who's 82 and in good health thinks he's invincible and doesn't even wear a mask.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Sure, I eat all sorts of fruits and vegetables.  Artichokes are one of my favorites. You'd be surprised what you can freeze and is good months later.  It also helps to own a vacuum sealer.

I remember that you don’t eat Doritos...this morning I had a brown tomato an avacado and a can of tuna fish with a Starbucks cold brew...and fruit...toast would have gone good with it but I think he was running Bahahaha 

This would never fly here.  Police in the UK checking people’s bags and shopping trolleys(carts) to make sure they are buying essentials.  Is Cherry Garcia an essential?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/09/police-threaten-search-shopping-trolleys-check-buying-essentials-12532339/?fbclid=IwAR2zlolVsGSIahJWiMuNgKQw1sVmjq1PpTwdMh0bwQvhba312Xzd8sOAJtE

Uhh, they sell wholesale too, did you ask where you placed dinner last night where they got their proteins from, and if anybody there had the sniffles?
Not being a dick here, but its my opinion take out is a bigger risk than supermarket meats.  
here is a list of their brands.  https://www.cargill.com/meat-poultry/cargill-meat-solutions

It's not necessarily take out. They send you prepackaged meals and you heat them up when they arrive. Trying it out. If it sucks we won't continue it.