Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I voted by mail because I wanted to. I absolutely was not afraid. All my closest friends who voted by mail also were not afraid. It was an OPTION that was provided. If the only option was voting in person...well that's what I would have done. But when you give options, people are allowed to decide what works best for them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Schif said:

I would imagine that it's more about the convenience factor rather than the pandemic. People love Amazon, why not love voting by mail? 

I am all about convenience.  I get angry standing in line.  I am also thankful for the mail in voting, mostly for my parents.  I still do most of my food shopping by curbside pick up.  Its fucking awesome.  i put shit i want into my cart all week long, then pick it up on my way home thursday.  Im at the grocery store for no lie, 12 minutes tops.  I will go the the grocery store if there is something i need in a hurry, but i may never go back to the regular shopping way ever.  

50 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My mom called me today and said no Xmas this year.  So for the first time in years can ski on the 23rd and 24th.  I don’t think people should have thanksgiving inside with people outside their immediate households.   I’d feel bad if I got Covid and gave it to my parents and killed them or made them real sick.  They’re both over 70...which is like a Kenny Loggins song,”In the Danger Zone” 

I had the Thanksgiving talk with my parents yesterday, i have a really small family, so 6 is max at either Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I think we will at least be having Thanksgiving dinner.  I really havent seen much of my family for the past 8 months.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

If there is a pandemic, why are those same people not social distancing in the streets? If you are scared to vote in person, you would be scared to party in large crowds as well 

There isn’t mailin voting because people are scared to vote, it’s a more convenient option and also helped lead to much higher turnout.  Think about the elderly and more vulnerable populations they weren’t dancing in the streets to Black Eyed Peas songs celebrating Biden’s win. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Although probably a very, very low %, I do think it made it easier for people to vote “just because” without having any real knowledge about either candidate or any surety about their political affiliation   

I'm sure there were tons of people who had very little knowledge of the situation or process just the same as there were tons of people who had done lots of due diligence on candidates. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Although probably a very, very low %, I do think it made it easier for people to vote “just because” without having any real knowledge about either candidate or any surety about their political affiliation   

Even though someone may be a dipshit they still should have the right to vote and do so easily.  At least in my opinion.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Even though someone may be a dipshit they still should have the right to vote and do so easily.  At least in my opinion.  

Sort of my point. It allowed people to vote when they might not have otherwise because they feel intimidated by going to a poll being surrounded by supporters on each side and they’re not quite sure which side they belong on 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm sure there were tons of people who had very little knowledge of the situation or process just the same as there were tons of people who had done lots of due diligence on candidates. 

This is often true in presidential races where people will only vote for the president and none of the down ballot candidates or local races. I haven't looked at data from this election, but there are probably tens of thousands more presidential votes than other same-party candidates in some states. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

This is often true in presidential races where people will only vote for the president and none of the down ballot candidates or local races. I haven't looked at data from this election, but there are probably tens of thousands more presidential votes than other same-party candidates in some states. 

The worst part of the presidential election cycle is how much emphasis gets put on that to the detriment of the down ballot races. I really had to scour for information on the down ballot races in my district. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Schif said:

The worst part of the presidential election cycle is how much emphasis gets put on that to the detriment of the down ballot races. I really had to scour for information on the down ballot races in my district. 

In Allentown they have the mayoral, school board, city council and judicial races in odd numbered years which is good and bad.  Good because those candidates get more media coverage and bad because turnout is Abysmal during off year elections.  I’ve only voted in presidential election years and once in a non presidential election year for Charlie dent because he used to smoke weed with my buddy Gary 40 years ago.  

Just now, theprogram4 said:

This was posted 5 months ago, 3.5 years into trump’s presidency lol, and 3 months into the pandemic lol.

the like in my post was from you AB6A156E-4D58-4147-ACDF-48AA6D4A5009.thumb.png.57a3df4d6d339d320f8a34c1b4d50059.png

Things change...early in the pandemic we were all in this together..wasn’t the presidents fault about the China virus and he initially acted responsibly with the 2 week long stay at home.  June 1st was a long time ago.  Just like the seasons, people views and opinions change.  Anyway when trump from 2025-2029 I think hell do a better job..so well that he’ll get Congress and the Supreme Court to amend the constitution to allow him to run for a third term in 2028.....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

How come the “Russia hacked the election” people from 2016 are now saying “election fraud is impossible!”

I believe the difference is Russia and other countries were involved in disinformation campaigns, not actually hacking votes. There was no evidence of vote hacking. Just like there is no evidence of fraud now. 

31 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

How come the “Russia hacked the election” people from 2016 are now saying “election fraud is impossible!”

Because that was a conspiracy theory just like the Trump fans saying there was election fraud.  

Also hating on mail in voting is like hating on having a pizza delivered or buying something online.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Because that was a conspiracy theory just like the Trump fans saying there was election fraud.  

Also hating on mail in voting is like hating on having a pizza delivered or buying something online.  

Russian interference was a conspiracy theory even though the White House detailed how they did it?

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume1.pdf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Russian interference was a conspiracy theory even though the White House detailed how they did it?

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume1.pdf

Ask toast he knows more about it from back when he was in DC with all his pussy hat friends. 

A36BEB14-4D2B-4765-88E9-5DE4D8DB0F5B.jpeg

• Confused 1