Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

17 hours ago, saltyant said:

@eafwill you be getting a refund for your Blue pass???

If the law is enforced, absolutely. Otherwise I'll see on the mountain.

I don't have other local passes or even the usual PA card this year, but I've got the ORDA card, so if things really go south, will stick to Belleayre or night skiing at MC.

This is getting old however, and the lawmakers got way out of hand. There has to be a limit to this insanity.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Barb said:

I don’t know wtf is going on in NJ but every time I see old friends posting pictures nobody is wearing masks. HS sports, kids are in arm as well as parents, people getting haircuts and nobody inside wearing masks. 

Yeah, I didn't see many wearing masks during the last round of peaceful protests in Philadelphia either. All the yelling and spitting into each others faces. Definitely deserves a big wall around the entire city.

NJ was rather relaxed during summer time, no doubts about it, but then again PA wasn't too far behind. I remember July or August at Dutch Springs. There were some stupid rules instituted like spraying tanks with soapy water, but people lived their lives, half didn't wear masks, though all were clearly distancing from each other as much as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, eaf said:

If the law is enforced, absolutely. Otherwise I'll see on the mountain.

I don't have other local passes or even the usual PA card this year, but I've got the ORDA card, so if things really go south, will stick to Belleayre or night skiing at MC.

This is getting old however, and the lawmakers got way out of hand. There has to be a limit to this insanity.

You might be sick of Covid but Covid isn’t sick of you. 

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, I didn't see many wearing masks during the last round of peaceful protests in Philadelphia either. All the yelling and spitting into each others faces. 

This.  I’ve been saying this since May. If it wasn’t for the riots/protests/celebrations/looting, this virus would be under control now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think this round of restaurant shutdowns will actually be useful from a data perspective. We will get a chance to see if cases drop due to the restrictions or not. I would hypothesize that most of the transmission is happening at private gatherings and not public spaces. 

The thing that really sucks is that we don't have enough data on what's going on to make decisions. The smart and "follow the science" thing to do is to run a multiple regression analysis with the independent variable being number of cases and find the coefficients and statistical significance of all of the dependent variables, which are the things that you want to implement and/or shut down. 

In the absence of that we are taking educated guesses and shooting into the wind with policy choices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think this round of restaurant shutdowns will actually be useful from a data perspective. We will get a chance to see if cases drop due to the restrictions or not. I would hypothesize that most of the transmission is happening at private gatherings and not public spaces. 

The thing that really sucks is that we don't have enough data on what's going on to make decisions. The smart and "follow the science" thing to do is to run a multiple regression analysis with the independent variable being number of cases and find the coefficients and statistical significance of all of the dependent variables, which are the things that you want to implement and/or shut down. 

In the absence of that we are taking educated guesses and shooting into the wind with policy choices. 

Aren’t the new restaurant restrictions just in Philadelphia county and NJ?  I don’t think numbers are going to Deion because of it..close the bars..that’s where the shit Spreads.  One of my local bars has live music inside Thursday Friday and Saturday nights. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Don’t forget about Walmart and Home Depot 

In March my local bike shop, which generally has 1 or 2 customers in at a time, was forced to be closed while Walmart sold out of bikes. Fortunately he reopened in May or he might have lost his livelihood. And people were bitching and complaining about him being open.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Lol it spreads at home with a small group of family but not in crowds of tens of thousands lol.  Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining 

There are millions of people gathering with small groups of family from separate households who have taken various precautions from being cautious to no fucks given...gathering indoors in close quarters for hours to me is gonna cause a lot more new cases than outdoor protests where most are masked. 

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

In March my local bike shop, which generally has 1 or 2 customers in at a time, was forced to be closed while Walmart sold out of bikes. And people were bitching and complaining about him being open.

Well if the bike shop sold groceries as well he’d be good 

Anyway you spin this, we are not heading in the right direction.  

yesterday afternoon one of the office assistants baby sitter called her to say she tested positive.  so, shes probably out for a while, and i would have to say her son was probably exposed.  I am just hoping we make it till Christmas without really something really bad happening.  Seems like we really just fell off the cliff in the last few days.  Pretty lucky i really dont have to make close contact with many people at work.