Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Just now, theprogram4 said:

How pissed is Wolf right now that Kenney beat him to new restrictions?  The chance of us skiing in PA this winter has dropped to 50/50

I think we're still looking good for skiing.  Levine just said today that we're not going back to the color coded restrictions, but that they would focus on certain types of businesses.  Restaurants and gyms are fucked, but skiing should be okay.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sure they do if it’s contributing to a public health emergency.  

This is where I say:

TP4: celebrating/rioting/protesting/looting amongst tens of thousands is safe, but seeing relatives isn’t?

Doug: they were wearing masks

TP4: they were not wearing masks

and it goes on.  We’ve had this argument a lot lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I think we're still looking good for skiing.  Levine just said today that we're not going back to the color coded restrictions, but that they would focus on certain types of businesses.  Restaurants and gyms are fucked, but skiing should be okay.  

Yup we just need some cold..trending back to normal temperatures around thanksgiving.  Maybe @saltyant can burn one of his jock straps as a sacrifice to the snow gods.  A goat would work as well

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

This is where I say:

TP4: celebrating/rioting/protesting/looting amongst tens of thousands is safe, but seeing relatives isn’t?

Doug: they were wearing masks

TP4: they were not wearing masks

and it goes on.  We’ve had this argument a lot lol

I think you need a tall glass of STFU

LOL at making a fuss over restrictions in Philadelphia, when the restrictions in Phila apply to like 3% of the forum members.  

I dont think we are heading to lockdowns, but i do believe like NMSKI said, sorry for the bars and gyms to be taking the hit, but its better to be targeting the hot spots where the increase in cases are coming from.  

As far as the large private gatherings?  well hopefully people will do the right thing.  But there are too many people in the world "that cant be told what to do".  

the lastest vaccines show alot of promise.  This is probably worth arguing over.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Benm said:

PHL under lockdown again

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-restrictions-philly-covid-19-cases-testing/8005756/

RESTAURANTS
*Indoor dining prohibited
*Outdoor dining allowed, but require that parties be household members only
*Maximum table size of four seats

INDOOR GATHERINGS
*Prohibited indoors at any size, at any location
*Includes both public and private events
*For example: Indoor parties, group meals, football watching groups, visiting between households, weddings, funerals, baby showers

OUTDOOR GATHERINGS
*Gatherings limited at 10% occupancy or 10 persons per 1,000 square feet
*Cap for large spaces of no more than 2,000 people.
*No fans at football games
*No food or beverages served at outdoor gatherings to ensure people can wear masks

RETAIL STORES
*Allow with reduced density limit of five people per 1,000 square feet
*Enforcement of mask use by customers and employees

OFFICES
*Employees must work from home unless not possible

SPORTS (Youth, school and community)
*Prohibited

GYMS, MUSEUMS & LIBRARIES
*Closed

SCHOOLS
*Colleges & universities: online classes only
*High schools: online classes only
*Elementary and middle schools: in-person permitted, following Philadelphia Dept. of Public Health safety guidance
*Child care, early childhood education and access centers: in-person permitted, following Philadelphia Dept. of Public Health safety guidance

RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS
*No more than five percent occupancy or five per thousand square feet
*Encouraged to hold services online

Wonder if it'll be like NY?
EmzQGAmW8AUO2wk.thumb.jpg.c7416fbde3e66aeb9a5b366a34cbb4bd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To me, it's really not a big deal in the City. My life since March has basically been these exact guidelines. If you've been a half decent human who cares about friends, family, strangers, grandparents, the US, the world, these new guidelines starting Friday really don't make a huge impact. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

They are banning thanksgiving celebrations in private homes lolololol

goodbye freedom!

The blanket prohibition on indoor gatherings of any kind - everything from holiday parties and football gatherings to baby showers and brunches - will not be enforced, city officials acknowledged. Farley said the city is seeking voluntary compliance, saying the virus is rampant and "spreading a little bit everywhere," including at small social gatherings.

There's also the "No shouting fire in a crowded theatre" restriction on freedom of speech. The right to peacefully assemble isn't an absolute and can be restricted - you don't typically complain about fire code limits in municipal buildings, but that's exactly the same restriction that's being applied here - it's unsafe to have a gathering larger than X, because there's a chance something might happen and hurt people at a larger gathering.

As for cold weather, bring it on. Last year Blue was open by now.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

HARRISBURG, PA — Pennsylvania health officials will announce "targeted efforts" to control the spread of the coronavirus during a news briefing Tuesday afternoon. Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine will hold the briefing at 1 p.m. to announce the measures.

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

HARRISBURG, PA — Pennsylvania health officials will announce "targeted efforts" to control the spread of the coronavirus during a news briefing Tuesday afternoon. Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine will hold the briefing at 1 p.m. to announce the measures.

I wonder if a limit to outdoor venues will limit ski resort capacity...