Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Yes, and iMessage has end-to-end encryption.  Not even "the man" can see dick picks come across "the wire".

I know I've said this to you before, as you have brought up things like 23 & Me.  Avoid them like the plague.  Laws governing genetic privacy are way too weak, and if the data exists, the government will get access to it if they want to.  

It was a personal internal struggle for me when I decided to get GlobalEntry.  I had to give "the man" my finger prints for the first time, ever.  Do I trust DHS with that data?  No.  But, the convenience of PreCheck/GlobalEntry was worth the additional exposure I thought.  You can never completely mitigate the data privacy risk, as that would mean you'd have no electric devices connected to the internet, but you can limit your risk by avoiding unnecessary data sharing.

I can't believe I'm admitting this publicly but I'm not gonna lie. Apple's announcement yesterday has me thinking hard about making the switch from Android. The amount of phone that you're getting for $399 is insane. Plus the security and all. Damn.

Only possible deal breaker is that the design is severely outdated.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I can't believe I'm admitting this publicly but I'm not gonna lie. Apple's announcement yesterday has me thinking hard about making the switch from Android. The amount of phone that you're getting for $399 is insane. Plus the security and all. Damn.

I’m super pumped about that phone too.  I hate having to replace my phone, and with my iPhone 7 succumbing to planned obsolescence soon, I’ll sure as shit be getting this one for $399.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Only possible deal breaker is that the design is severely outdated.

What announcement? 

That processing speed, fully water resistant, wireless charging for $399 is an incredible deal. For me, I'd be going from a 6.4 inch screen to a 4.7. Plus 1080 full HD to 720p though....I got some serious thinking to do. My current phone is only a few months old but I have sort of a phone problem.

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

That processing speed, fully water resistant, wireless charging for $399 is an incredible deal. For me, I'd be going from a 6.4 inch screen to a 4.7. Plus 1080 full HD to 720p though....I got some serious thinking to do. My current phone is only a few months old but I have sort of a phone problem.

Take it to the phone thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Plan ahead. Have a plan. 

I have plenty of ink, so I'm not worried about it...paper I can take from work if I need it since I have to go in 1 day a week anyway.

"work from home" supplies were pretty scarce when this first started, not sure how it is now.  I was considering getting another monitor to replace my second one, which is pretty small and old.  Trying to get one shipped at a reasonable price was about as difficult as finding toilet paper