Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

There's port fees, who knows where that $$$ goes.  I wonder if they pay tax on diesel fuel?

Most large ships use a heavier fuel than diesel. This stuff is incredibly dirty burning but also much cheaper. It's shocking that there isn't more protest about the pollution from the cruise industry considering the literal million of gallons of dirty fuel they burn 

That "nursing home" place was a shit hold 20 years ago when I was an EMT.  The name has changed, but as soon as I saw the picture of it, I could remember the stench inside of there 100%.

Local NPR station did coverage of EMT’s up in Teaneck. 20 yo 1st or 2nd year nursing students, etc working long shifts, sleeping in their cars to avoid exposing their family and using PPE gear held together with string and tape. One kid transported 6 bodies (as in dead) in one shift. I never heard a more powerful story on the radio in years

All those fuckers who say “you are infringing on my rights to go where I want”, well know what? Walk a mile in the EMT shoes, suit up and help them. Otherwise STFU!!!!!!!
  • Like 4

Just now, tarponhead said:

Local NPR station did coverage of EMT’s up in Teaneck. 20 yo 1st or 2nd year nursing students, etc working long shifts, sleeping in their cars to avoid exposing their family and using PPE gear held together with string and tape. One kid transported 6 bodies (as in dead) in one shift. I never heard a more powerful story on the radio in years

All those fuckers who say “you are infringing on my rights to go where I want”, well know what? Walk a mile in the EMT shoes, suit up and help them. Otherwise STFU!!!!!!!

One of my students is an EMT in Bergen county (maybe?). He has been somewhat forced into working extra shifts even while going to school full time because of how many calls they have been getting and many colleague have gotten sick and cannot work. He works overnight shifts, logs in to class for the day, and is helping his wife with teaching their kids who are home from school. The stories he shares are heartbreaking. It is enraging to see people acting like this while frontline healthcare providers are killing themselves to save lives. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Welp, union county infection rate is up to 1.5% now. While the overall state rate dropped to 3.1k new +‘s today (was 4.3k yesterday) UC rate increased. I guess the only good news is that means more testing is going on.

Shout out to GSS for calling me a semi-pro bread baker

You’re welcome and anytime.  The city of Allentown is about 1%

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Are bars and restaurants and hair salons open in Florida.  That beach looks like the parks around here on nice days. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well second wave won’t happen until lockdown is lifted. 

It sounds like many states may open soon. I watch Trump and Fauci every night and everything sounds pretty hunky dory. Trump even said last night that schools will be opening soon.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It sounds like many states may open soon. I watch Trump and Fauci every night and everything sounds pretty hunky dory. Trump even said last night that schools will be opening soon.

OMG, how can you watch them every night? 
I watch for like 5 minutes and want to put a hot poker into the side of my head from listening to Trump's drivel.

• Confused 1