Where are you spending your relief money?

trackbiker

@GrilledSteezeSandwich At my old house, it was about $10k for a concrete patio slab out back + 2-3 car driveway (1 driveway wide) but it was a couple years ago in Denver. 

Do we have any concrete or stone companies in this group? I need my flagstone walkway reset (last time it's was done was probably like 1920...) + I need steps built from my front down down to my alley way. 

I hired a local company to do it but it was the worst construction job I've ever seen. They ended up taking it out and refunding my money. I'm hesitant to hire anyone who isn't a solid referral now. 

Edited by skiincy

1 minute ago, skiincy said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich At my old house, it was about $10k for a concrete patio slab out back + 2-3 car driveway (1 driveway wide) but it was a couple years ago in Denver. 

Do we have any concrete or stone companies in this group? I need my flagstone walkway reset (last time it's was done was probably like 1920...) + I need steps built from my front down down to my alley way. 

I hired a local company to do it but it was the worst construction job I've ever seen. They ended up taking it out and refunding my money. I'm hesitant to hire anyone who isn't a solid referral now. 

It was about $15k for our front and back driveways to be paved at work years ago.  Maybe 120 feet total and 10-12 feet wide. 

6 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Gordon's Sports Supply near Marsh Creek is good.  I haven't been there in forever, but I used to hang out with Chris and Thom Gordon.  They're good guys and pretty knowledgeable with local fishing.

https://www.gordonssportssupply.com/

Sport Fishing Outlet in Norristown is supposed to be good.  Never been there, but I've heard they're good, and looks like they may be open for curbside pickup

https://www.facebook.com/SFOtackleshop/

Remember when Gordon’s was a skate shop too?

I would say donate to food banks..the really poor aren’t seeing any relief money or unemployment compensation...at Killington the line was two miles long to get food. 

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/04/22/killington-covid-reponse-food/?fbclid=IwAR0DeZOSu_H30LQCXG1R-zB15fcOgcgLNYegYjhRt6zQoZ4WICNxQbGdYng

• Sad 1

I would say donate to food banks..the really poor aren’t seeing any relief money or unemployment compensation...at Killington the line was two miles long to get food. 

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/04/22/killington-covid-reponse-food/?fbclid=IwAR0DeZOSu_H30LQCXG1R-zB15fcOgcgLNYegYjhRt6zQoZ4WICNxQbGdYng

Thx for posting this. Those folks live on a shoe string budget.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Spent another $90 at the distillery the other day...yesterday I sent my friend two containers of horseradish cheese spread from Dakin Farms..I also PayPal’d $20 to Kendall Conrad local country music singer who put on a virtual concert on Facebook the other day...

Nice. What did you get at the distillery? 

• 2 weeks later...
Do you mind me asking the appx cost per sq ft for something like that?

Don't mind at all. Only problem is that would require me actually knowing the driveway square footage which I don't off the top of my head. It's a pretty good size. All I know is we called a few people and went with the best estimate. I negotiated a little too and they came down which was cool. The estimate was then JFDan approved so I went with it. Guy was really nice and they did great work. I can PM you their info if you're looking for someone.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ben how many square feet is your driveway??

The part that needs work? About 2400 sqft (300Lx8W). Last time I checked using measurement on google maps it was something like jyst over 10.5k. Most of it is fine tho.