New high speed lift at Camelback official discussion thread

28 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I do everything in my power to avoid paying for parking.  I’ll circle the block for a half hour before opening up my wallet 

Sounds like the lil Dicky song Save Dat money.  I don’t like paying cover charges. Pretty rare here in Allentown but when I was in philly a few years ago bar hopping the one place had like a $10 cover charge and it was already almost 1am. My friend was like,”what is Bruce Springsteen playing”...didn’t go there. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting a high speed quad on the Sunbowl is the most Camelback thing that ever Camelbacked.

Saltman i drove by to check it out. They were testing it out. Here's a picture. Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Sugarbush has the slide brook express quad but that's one of the longest lifts in the world... covering over 11000 feet. The CB lift will cover about 11 feet.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I had some business to attend to in downtown Allentown the other day and parked at a meter..didn’t have any quarters and didn’t feel like messing with the parking app so parked at an expired meter for over an hour expecting to get a ticket which is I think $15.  Well no ticket...amazing.  Felt like stealing. 

Wow a whole hour. That's risky. When I go to the public library, I wont put a nickel in the meter thing because I'm in and out in about 4 minutes. Have never gotten a stupid ticket.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow a whole hour. That's risky. When I go to the public library, I wont put a nickel in the meter thing because I'm in and out in about 4 minutes. Have never gotten a stupid ticket.

In Allentown the meters are $2 for an hour so a quarter only gets you 7.5 minutes.  I had zero quarters and was going looking through my dimes and was like fuck this.  I was amazed no ticket because the Allentown parking authority is ruthless.  One of my Newark to Denver flights I was super late as I overslept a bit and parked in short term right at the terminal.  Was $38 a day and I paid for 8 days. That stung.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I had some business to attend to in downtown Allentown the other day and parked at a meter..didn’t have any quarters and didn’t feel like messing with the parking app so parked at an expired meter for over an hour expecting to get a ticket which is I think $15.  Well no ticket...amazing.  Felt like stealing. 

Oh, good. Now when at MC I'll be crashing middle lift w/o worrying too much that someone here may call it a theft of service.

39 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Allentown still has coin fed meters lol

Coin or app..I think some take credit cards.  I’m only in the parts of Allentown that require meters a few times a year.  There are also several parking decks which honestly I haven’t been in for probably 15 years as there is ample street parking. 

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Coin or app..I think some take credit cards.  I’m only in the parts of Allentown that require meters a few times a year.  There are also several parking decks which honestly I haven’t been in for probably 15 years as there is ample street parking. 

The credit card machines that print out the dashboard receipt arent too bad, at least. I cant stand fumbling with change anymore. For several weeks where I was working, I had to put 32 quarters in the meter every day for parking. It was absurd. I thought I was going to get carpal tunnel.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 2
  • 2 weeks later...