Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Lol, I realize. What I really want to know is if he wore his skis into the steakhouse or requested a table for two and gave them the seat opposite

Nah, they have ski locks by the Town Lift and I always carry both the combo lock and key lock. Key lock stations are often hard to find.

16 minutes ago, Schif said:

So I need some more background. @saltyant, you got stuck on the wrong side of the mountain and found a kick ass place to have dinner. Did you have some regular shoes with you or did you have dinner in ski boots? 

I wanted to travel the whole mountain from Canyons to the Park City town lift. About half way over it was already noon and I didn't want to get stuck, so I was about to start planning to head back to Canyons when someone on the lift mentioned the bus. So then I decided to just end downtown PC and take the bus which worked out well. Great success!

Correct, just walked about half a block to the restaurant and ate dinner in ski boots. I highly doubt I'm the only person that does it since the restaurant is literally almost next door to the lift.

And I am still fascinated by the fact that the lift goes right into town.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I wanted to travel the whole mountain from Canyons to the Park City town lift. About half way over it was already noon and I didn't want to get stuck, so I was about to start planning to head back to Canyons when someone on the lift mentioned the bus. So then I decided to just end downtown PC and take the bus which worked out well. Great success!

Correct, just walked about half a block to the restaurant and ate dinner in ski boots. I highly doubt I'm the only person that does it since the restaurant is literally almost next door to the lift.

And I am still fascinated by the fact that the lift goes right into town.

Glad you're enjoying PC so far! It's a pretty cool town. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I commend Park City Resort for knowing how to keep the lift lines moving. Very well organized. There are no scanning machines to slow the line down as workers scan lift tickets. Quite archaic but I liked it. - not that this generally has a material impact on waiting times, unless someone's pass doesn't work or they dilly dally trying to find it after standing in line for 10 minutes.

My favorite part is the singles line and doubles line meet, and there are well illustrated diagrams showing it's perfectly OK to sit by other parties as long as there is sufficient spacing. E.g. 1 + 2 on a quad or sixer. Plus almost all the lifts are express and move quickly.

Blue should take some lessons from Epic on organizing lift queues.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

I wonder what I should demo tomorrow??? This is just for fun just to see what I might buy some day, and to get a feel for some different skis. They say I get to demo 5 but I think 3 will be sufficient. Some ideas below:

• Nordica Enforcer 94
  • Volkl Kendos and/or Mantras
  • Head Kore 93
  • Salomon QST (to be rad like @toast21602

I've learned so much theory about length, width, camber, rocker, material, side cut, turning radius. But I'll probably wind up picking the skis that look coolest.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Just now, saltyant said:

I wonder what I should demo tomorrow??? This is just for fun just to see what I might buy some day, and to get a feel for some different skis. They say I get to demo 5 but I think 3 will be sufficient. Some ideas below:

• Nordica Enforcer 94
  • Head Kore 93

I've learned so much theory about length, width, camber, rocker, material, side cut, turning radius. But I'll probably wind up picking the skis that look coolest.

What are you looking for?  A do it all ski, or something to fill a particular niche? 

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

What are you looking for?  A do it all ski, or something to fill a particular niche? 

Something better for ungroomed and spring chop. Which I could also have fun with on groomers

So yeah, I guess a do it all ski... I'm not looking for true powder skis because I only ski actual powder once every year or two if I'm lucky

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That will involve five paragraphs about how globalization has transformed the food industry..will get into farmed salmon and hormones in food that gives men titties.  

Sadly I'm titty free and eat a fuck ton of sushi. It would save me alot of time and effort. 

99.9% of any fish be it sushi or the shit eaters tilapia are frozen very quickly after being caught. 

I always eat sushi at least once on a ski trip but I would say don't eat it the night before you go to Silverton.

Salty any of those are good choice besides the kendo/mantra but check out whatever you like. 

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Something better for ungroomed and spring chop. Which I could also have fun with on groomers

So yeah, I guess a do it all ski... I'm not looking for true powder skis because I only ski actual powder once every year or two if I'm lucky

I'm curious to see what you actually enjoy skiing out of your demo selection tomorrow. Demoing skis is a fun because you can see the difference from one ski to the next pretty quickly, and if you tell them what you like or don't like about each ski they can usually find something to meet your needs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Sadly I'm titty free and eat a fuck ton of sushi. It would save me alot of time and effort. 

99.9% of any fish be it sushi or the shit eaters tilapia are frozen very quickly after being caught. 

I always eat sushi at least once on a ski trip but I would say don't eat it the night before you go to Silverton.

Salty any of those are good choice besides the kendo/mantra but check out whatever you like. 

Sushi is always a must do stop when we go to Whistler. Especially with pitchers of strawberry sake margaritas 

CD306913-FB49-4486-BB99-01E732B12400.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 2

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Sushi is always a must do stop when we go to Whistler. Especially with pitchers of strawberry sake margaritas 

CD306913-FB49-4486-BB99-01E732B12400.jpeg

If you eat enough of it it's very filling and the mixture of textures and flavors I really like but strawberry sake margaritas make everything taste supersonic.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

• Nordica Enforcer 94
  • Head Kore 93

I might sound like a Rossi fanboy, but if they have it and you have an extra selection, I think you would like the Sky 7. Stable underfoot thanks to carbon alloy and really light with a low swing weight which I think suits your current skiing style. 98mm underfoot with carbon for a good base in the chop, and wide enough for an occasional powder ride. If you try them definitely size up because they ski short. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I might sound like a Rossi fanboy, but if they have it and you have an extra selection, I think you would like the Sky 7. Stable underfoot thanks to carbon alloy and really light with a low swing weight which I think suits your current skiing style. 98mm underfoot with carbon for a good base in the chop, and wide enough for an occasional powder ride. If you try them definitely size up because they ski short. 

Thanks for the suggestion, If they have them I'll check 'em out.

This NY garbage reminded me that I FINALLY caught the NY/NJ people that rent at the bottom of spruce hollow today and got to yell at them from my car. It was so satisfying. I just wish I saw them outside of their cars earlier so I could stop to scream instead. 

You'll need to fill me in