Utah stoke thread...2021!!!

saltyant

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just for fun I'll demo the Kendos. The Enforcers feel ideal but I'd like to see how Kendos compare. I really don't know what else to try that they have, maybe I'll just do eeny meeny miny moe

This is getting good but maybe post another picture.  Are you limited to data on your jitterbug?  

Took a pretty hard fall on a blue run with large moe ghouls. I was trying to ski them like @indiggiobut that doesnt work for me. Thought I broke a rib but it's just a minimally strained muscle. I'll feel it when I wake up tomorrow. 

Taking a 30 min break to get my nerves back and will try the Mantraz

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just for fun I'll demo the Kendos. The Enforcers feel ideal but I'd like to see how Kendos compare. I really don't know what else to try that they have, maybe I'll just do eeny meeny miny moe

Matt edge has a pair of Kendos and so does Nastar glenn but Matt edge could grind to the max on a pair of cafeteria trays and Nastar Glenn learned to ski with beartrap bindings on skis that had roosters on it so they’ll both be stoked 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Took a pretty hard fall on a blue run with large moe ghouls. I was trying to ski them like @indiggiobut that doesnt work for me. Thought I broke a rib but it's just a minimally strained muscle. I'll feel it when I wake up tomorrow. 

Taking a 30 min break to get my nerves back and will try the Mantraz

I was about to tag Salty to say this is getting good.  Was that your first fall of the season?  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was about to tag Salty to say this is getting good.  Was that your first fall of the season?  

Ha, not even close. I've only fallen on one groomer this year - that ice patch on Chute. But I still suck in ungroomed snow and fall pretty frequently.  I made it down a lengthy ungroomed diamond this morning without falling which was rad

Wifi sucks at uploading so heres one pic taken prior to my disastrous run

20210301_111216.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well whatever the fat skis that Salty was on with demo bindings. I didn’t handflex them..just picked them up and my dick stayed soft. 

Yeah, those are the Monster 108s that are heavy AF and have flat tails. Definitely good for busting crud but absolutely terrible for smearing turns. 

I demo’d Soul 7s in Steamboat last year, which is a big reason I bought them. I know Salty doesn’t want to go that wide so I was telling him that he won’t want to waste one of his selections there, but should have jumped on them when I had them. I’d let him try the ones I just got, but they don’t have demo bindings and we aren’t the same boot size.

30 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Definitely try more, you paid for the privilege right? Try to pick out what you liked and (if anything) didn’t like about the Enforcers and tell the tech, maybe s/he can recommend something that addresses that.

If you really think you’re sold on the Enforcers I’d get back on them with your last slot to reinforce that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, those are the Monster 108s that are heavy AF and have flat tails. Definitely good for busting crud but absolutely terrible for smearing turns. 

I demo’d Soul 7s in Steamboat last year, which is a big reason I bought them. I know Salty doesn’t want to go that wide so I was telling him that he won’t want to waste one of his selections there, but should have jumped on them when I had them. I’d let him try the ones I just got, but they don’t have demo bindings and we aren’t the same boot size.

On super choppy spring days the soul 7’s will be amazing.  I freaking loved being in the untracked the other morning on my little 96s because with the shorter turn radius I could really milk it.  I honestly think the length and width of the RTMs combined with saltys urge to get better makes a pair like the Nordica enforcers a nice step up plus he can use the RTMs as rock skis or sell them for probably a decent amount of money to up and coming Jerry’s. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

11 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Definitely try more, you paid for the privilege right? Try to pick out what you liked and (if anything) didn’t like about the Enforcers and tell the tech, maybe s/he can recommend something that addresses that.

If you really think you’re sold on the Enforcers I’d get back on them with your last slot to reinforce that.

What I liked about the Enforcers: everything. 

What I didn't like: nothing.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll try Mantras for an hour or so and swap one more time to get my johnny cash worth. Honestly I could have skied the Enforcers all day long but I gotta get that bang for my buck

If you really like the enforcers or any other ski you demo see if you can buy a pair at a discount..that way you can ski them the rest of your trip. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you really like the enforcers or any other ski you demo see if you can buy a pair at a discount..that way you can ski them the rest of your trip. 

I've considered that as long as I can fit them in my ski bag with all my other crapola. Maybe I can sell the RTMs to some jerry or ship them back separately.

Definitely feel a difference with the Mantras... stiffer and not as "playful "? I'm not even sure what makes a ski playful

Just now, saltyant said:

I've considered that as long as I can fit them in my ski bag with all my other crapola. Maybe I can sell the RTMs to some jerry or ship them back separately.

Definitely feel a difference with the Mantras... stiffer and not as "playful "? I'm not even sure what makes a ski playful

If it’s a two ski bag you’ll be fine. Good thing you didn’t take the Elans..playful is more like hopping around more jibbing off little things buttering around where as a stiff ski like the mantra you need to not only ski fast but maintain a lot of control and be a strong skier to be able to bend the ski in a turn. A few have said the mantra was their least favorite ski and I liked them and skied really fast on them but I just don’t think they suit your ski style as much.  Not going 110 pole plants a minute lol 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll try Mantras for an hour or so and swap one more time to get my johnny cash worth. Honestly I could have skied the Enforcers all day long but I gotta get that bang for my buck

It sounds like you are really digging the Enforcer. Go up one more length and see how you like it. If you know what you want, dial it in.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Or see if the shop will free ship them to you...

I just want to see Dans reaction if you show up at Blue with Enforcers,,,

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I previously stated I demoed the Mantras, but correction - they were Kendos which I enjoyed pretty much equally to the Enforcers. The Kendos felt stiffer but that might be the placebo effect. 

Last pair for the hour - Head Kore 99 based on @Johnny Law 's recommendation 

The challenge here is I'm trying to explore the mountain and demo at the same time, so it's not the most conducive way to swap out skis. But this is my third pair of the day and I'm happy with the experience. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This trip is going way too fast. WTF?

Brighton tomorrow and Wednesday 

Snowbasin Thursday and Friday 

That’s why going on longer ski trips is better and early flight on arrival day is good so you can really milk it.  We all have four days of work left this week..you have four days of Rocky Mountain skiing.  Enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s why going on longer ski trips is better and early flight on arrival day is good so you can really milk it.  We all have four days of work left this week..you have four days of Rocky Mountain skiing.  Enjoy. 

Wasatch

• Like 1