01/20 - Meh trails, but Epic weather

eaf

I wouldn't call trail conditions great today. Sugar formed way too soon on most of the trails, lower Lazy turned into a complete shit by noon, though the upper one stayed probably the best on the whole mountain.

Two trails closed for snowmaking: Challenge and Switchback.

Low crowds, great skiing, but best part was the Epic weather! While people in Utah whine and moan about getting core shots on the rocks instead of the promised champagne, while some skis there get 5 years older after spending just a single day on the slopes, at Blue it's dumping! I could hardly find my way down once and was really sorry I didn't hire a guide!

9FF6E664-05D3-4537-8CBA-7C8A0DA06CF2.jpeg

D514B102-5062-4680-A9F2-8F817F45854B.jpeg

Edited by eaf
  • Like 6
  • Boner City 1

I rode from 12 to 2, super windy but all the sun made it warm. Super choppy, the bottom of side i was 70% of the way to flavor country and had my first real solid recovery of the year.

Razors was the best as it was good chop where you can make a 100 high-speed little airs and keep on trucking. 

Most of the snow they were blowing on the challenge headwall is ending up at the Cherryville car wash, heavy wind straight up the trail. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, eaf said:

I wouldn't call trail conditions great today. Sugar formed way too soon on most of the trails, lower Lazy turned into a complete shit by noon, though the upper one stayed probably the best on the whole mountain.

Low crowds, great skiing, but best part was the Epic weather! While people in Utah whine and moan about getting core shots on the rocks instead of the promised champagne, while some skis there get 5 years older after spending just a single day on the slopes, at Blue it's dumping! I could hardly find my way down once and was really sorry I didn't hire a guide!

Was at the top of Razor when the mini Blizzard hit, couldn’t see 10 ft.  Foward but that was some Fun Shit.

1 hour ago, eaf said:

• Like 3