2/7/21...snowing.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 710am extra early as I anticipated a snowy drive.  It was in the upper 20s and the snow began falling around the opening bell. Challenge was an absolute carpet...so nice.  I skied challenge again and then hit up Switchback three tones in a row.  The first hour was less crowded today than yesterday and then the crowds arrived and the line for the six pack was about 10 minutes.  

I went over to the Main Street list for one run via midway to little gap to Burma. Not much of a line for main steeet chair. I got a run on x-into and it was sweet. Back to the six pack the line was was out of the corral. I ended with nightmare to Dream Weaver for something different and my first time on it since it became a park. That run is totally ruined and the booters are giant.  I hungout in the lot while the snow came down maybe 2” total looks like maybe a little more in the Lehigh valley. 

Also in the house was everybody except Kyle, Shadows, zonked, Root, angryhugo, ridge, Atomic Jeff and MBike. 

JADIP

• Like 8
  • Boner City 1

2 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I wonder why she is not at JF..since she owns a house there...

Perhaps she's there for the race thingies going on??

The race team must be super important since they get to completely cut the line all the time and board the lifts while us peasants get the joy of watching them cut in front regardless of how long we've been waiting there.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Perhaps she's there for the race thingies going on??
The race team must be super important since they get to completely cut the line all the time and board the lifts while us peasants get the joy of watching them cut in front regardless of how long we've been waiting there.

Her son is racing today. The daughter was a racer too but messed her knee up on 1/2/21.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Her son is racing today. The daughter was a racer too but messed her knee up on 1/2/21.

Oooh, I Googled her and she's famous. I don't get Philadelphia news up here in the sticks.

Today on my drive home I was randomly wondering if we stand in line or ride lifts with celebrities sometimes without even knowing. Kenneth Copeland a famous con artist  televangelist skis at Steamboat all the time. I guess rich people have to share the slopes with us unless they have exclusive private hills.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Oooh, I Googled her and she's famous. I don't get Philadelphia news up here in the sticks.

Today on my drive home I was randomly wondering if we stand in line or ride lifts with celebrities sometimes without even knowing. Kenneth Copeland a famous con artist  televangelist skis at Steamboat all the time. I guess rich people have to share the slopes with us unless they have exclusive private hills??

Google Yellowstone club..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today on my drive home I was randomly wondering if we stand in line or ride lifts with celebrities sometimes without even knowing. Kenneth Copeland a famous con artist  televangelist skis at Steamboat all the time. I guess rich people have to share the slopes with us unless they have exclusive private hills.

True story...I was standing in a Mikey Ds in Flagstaff, Arizona a while back when the Arizona Cardinals QB at the time (Jake Plummer) rolled up in the drive thru. The employees behind the counter started screaming "oh my God its Jake Plummer!". It was quite a scene.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

I've heard reports she is not the nicest person....

False

I have spent multiple Saturdays with her during my JFBB days. The families we are up here with were and are involved with the ski team. She’s a nice normal person and married a normal guy, he’s a former teacher.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poconoceancity said:

False

I have spent multiple Saturdays with her during my JFBB days. The families we are up here with were and are involved with the ski team. She’s a nice normal person and married a normal guy, he’s a former teacher.

Live shot of POC when he met Cecily Tynan

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Live shot of POC when he met Cecily Tynan

giphy.gif

First time we met was probably 7 years ago. We both had one kid in tow and arrived at the same open table on a crowded Saturday in the lodge. She looked at me and said, let’s share it. You know how slow 3 year olds eat, that lunch was close to an hour. After first name introductions I played it cool and we had nice conversation. 

• Like 2