Blue mountain - March 13th

RidgeRacer

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. In the house was everybody except Johnny Law, NMSki, Mute, Falco, Enjorales cousin,  Ryan, PSYFlyGuy, Zonked, Mart Edge, VTMarknand Kyle. 

The temperature was in the upper 20s when I arrived at 715am and Salty was parked in the wrong row hoping the ski shop would open early.  First civilian chair full six pack challenge was smooth but a little chattery..Main Street and lazy had fresh manmade and sidewinder softened nicely in the sun, paradise was fast and empty.  First 45 minutes or so the quad was down and amazing how long the line for the six pack was because of it. Not crazy but an almost full corral. Once the quad started running lines tapered down.  

Coverage is anazing consifering the 70 degree weather we just experienced and the sun was bright. I enjoyed some chips, fruit snacks and pizza in the lot and beer and got to chill with Wally a little.  JADIP

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. In the house was everybody except Johnny Law, NMSki, Mute, Falco, Enjorales cousin,  Ryan, PSYFlyGuy, Zonked, Mart Edge, VTMarknand Kyle. 

The temperature was in the upper 20s when I arrived at 715am and Salty was parked in the wrong row hoping the ski shop would open early.  First civilian chair full six pack challenge was smooth but a little chattery..Main Street and lazy had fresh manmade and sidewinder softened nicely in the sun, paradise was fast and empty.  First 45 minutes or so the quad was down and amazing how long the line for the six pack was because of it. Not crazy but an almost full corral. Once the quad started running lines tapered down.  

Coverage is anazing consifering the 70 degree weather we just experienced and the sun was bright. I enjoyed some chips, fruit snacks and pizza in the lot and beer and got to chill with Wally a little.  JADIP

I was there lol!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Fun morning  hangin with Enjoralas,Pops and Antman...Two laps on the sixer and then just rode the double ...Firm snow and some cookies first thing ...but it softened up around 9-9:30...Once the sun hit Switchback it was super nice...Main was kinda choppy...Lazy was just lazy...Perfect weather today...

Some vids of Enjo and Pops..with some cameos by Antman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBEANMShIjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRzlcBJR2UM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEst9lupLNw

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

@saltyant was ripping his new skis today. Waiting for a written report of his thoughts on them at Blue the True instead of Snowbasin. 

You passed me on the edge of The Falls and I saw you catch mad air. WTGAI.

New skis were very fun on Challenge once it softened up a bit by 9 am. I think I'll enjoy them on any groomed run so I don't really have any thoughts on skiing them at Blue vs. Snowbasin.

I went out for seconds around noon, and Challenge was still really nice but there were some icy spots. While the Jerries were falling left and right, I was still ripping down on my Ripsticks and the ice didn't really bother me like it did on the RTMs, JADIP Ice is Nice

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This morning at the top of Blue I saw smoke on the horizon. It must have been this windmill fire near Mahanoy City which is around 32 miles away as the crow flies. That's bananas! I bike past these windmills all the time.

Untitled.png.0786bed48432730b14ae60bd1c97f087.png

@mbike-ski Mahanoy City talk

wow, that's a shame, i know how much @mbike-ski wants to do a mahanoy city ride this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1