12/17/21 - closing time… for now.

toast21602

Last ski day before a temporary closure to refresh things. @GrilledSteezeSandwich @AtomicSkier @Benm @Justo8484 @Johnny Lawwere all there among other familiar faces. Conditions were better than expected but they will need some help after tomorrow’s rain. Still a lot better than the majority of ski areas in the mid Atlantic! See everyone next week. Enjoy your weekend of sleeping in. JADIP! 

912230F4-9323-4AA5-81E7-68EE27B61C31.jpeg

63407E9C-E3F5-4ECB-B20B-11E361A55B03.jpeg

57B51DDF-AE0A-4EB9-BB3B-035C06223AAA.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. Extra slow 40 minute drive and I arrived at the top lot at 7:35am. In the house were tickle me toast, Atomic Jeff, BenM, Johnny Law, Slim, Rodney, Bethlehem Ford Guy, crazy Kathy, tele Matt and many more.  

Temperatures were around 50 under mostly cloudy sky’s. At the rope drop the snow was hard and fast and not as many skeet spots as I was thinking. It semi softened up during my hour and 20 minute session. Had a beer in the lot and hungout a bit. 

I’ll be back at Blue 12-26 after the grinch steals Xmas.  I have a lot up on 12/22 and will be in VA seeing family 12/23-12/25.  I’m looking forward to a return to the valley and riding the Poke N Hoes coldest 6-pack. JADIP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dude at Sheetz was talking about how he was just at court. Was dressed to the nines..baggy dress pants..dress shoes and a white polo shirt...fuck Boi haircut.  I don’t know how to tie a tie but I don’t wear ties so no worries  

89CBD6F2-0BDB-4C76-8E99-3BF2F0D2C0FF.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Boner City 2

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Dude at Sheetz was talking about how he was just at court. Was dressed to the nines..baggy dress pants..dress shoes and a white polo shirt...fuck Boi haircut.  I don’t know how to tie a tie but I don’t wear ties so no worries  

89CBD6F2-0BDB-4C76-8E99-3BF2F0D2C0FF.jpeg

That reminds me of when I wore a suit and tie to the magistrate in Jenkintown by Philadelphia. I went to court since I allegedly didnt come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Other people in court were like "yo dawg I just robbed da hood with my 22" and were dressed in their hood attire. I felt quite gangster myself. The cop just dismissed my case and reminded me to stop when I see a red octagon. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

As far as a reclosing day goes it was pretty good. 

Nice weather and a little slick but the bottom 1/3 was nice.  Even midway was good enough in a drifting kinda way.  

Never want them to close but I hope they open back up with some better snow

Gotta say major props to blue they called down to the bottom about my pass and told me before the rope drop.  In alot of smalls way every year they get more and more professional without losing the vibe. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I imagine it got incredibly spicy as the day went on

Very spicy. A mixture of inexperienced young kids, bumps top to bottom and a decent crowd on 2 trails. Not good lol. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just looked at the webcams and Blue is busy. 

They started spinning the second Main Street chair on my last ride up.

11 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I imagine it got incredibly muddy as the day went on

FIFY

By noon, upper Midway was almost totally brown from side to side, except for a strip of white along the very left side.
I can't imagine what it was like by the evening.  Was it even passable?