12/31/21...foggy

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was 48 degrees with fog in the mid and upper mountain. In the house were Atomic Jeff, NMSki, Toast, JFDan, Antman, Mixilplix, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Slim, Indiggio and many others. 

Upper Main Street is now closed and going over to midway was definitely skiing by Braille.  Snow was alright spring snow..some call hero snow...a little slow for my liking.  I mainly skied lazy mile which wasn’t that busy..I apparently snowed some kid pretty bad making the hard right turn onto shuttle.  Did lazy about five times then back to midway which was still in a fog.  

I feel like it for foggier and more moust as the morning progressed.  I hungout in the lot, had some chips and beer and now af work...have to make final bank deposit of the year and have multiple voicemails from just this morning. JADIP

Ski everybody next year. 

1286A031-04A1-4958-A6F2-D9A4D5A26177.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Exactly what mix said. What is open is a field of bumps and the baller to non baller ratio is probably 1000 to 1 which is probably not the best ratio in a fog filled, bump filled wrod. I just witnessed someone slide head first down Midway. Staying to get really wet in the cloud up to now. I'm skiing but yeah... Not gonna sugar coat it this is depressing. 

IMG_20211231_145700_HDR.jpg

the-cloud-cloud.gif

where-am-i-wondering.gif

IMG_20211231_144413_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211231_144333_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211231_144327_HDR.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Exactly what mix said. What is open is a field of bumps and the baller to non baller ratio is probably 1000 to 1 which is probably not the best ratio in a fog filled, bump filled wrod. I just witnessed someone slide head first down Midway. Staying to get really wet in the cloud up to now. I'm skiing but yeah... Not gonna sugar coat it this is depressing. 
http://pasr.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/IMG_20211231_145700_HDR.thumb.jpg.8bb72d2dfb5d02733b9db7b1ed7f61c3.jpg
http://pasr.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/the-cloud-cloud.gif.b8ee0b28043ada5feed8ba21dbfd3179.gif
http://pasr.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/where-am-i-wondering.gif.616abcf48a4b00ff48df0bae53957442.gif
http://pasr.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/IMG_20211231_144413_HDR.thumb.jpg.84f12850bc76b7007d8940445432fc8d.jpg
http://pasr.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/IMG_20211231_144333_HDR.thumb.jpg.d16c3f719ea98468ff9760cbad2c3977.jpg
http://pasr.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/IMG_20211231_144327_HDR.thumb.jpg.2459de6539a2587c2c55a0a80a9ff2fa.jpg

Ski the bump line we seeded on lower main and partial bumps on midway. Make you smile smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

Ski the bump line we seeded on lower main and partial bumps on midway. Make you smile smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried but today was something else. People were either on their ass, walking down trails, walking in the trees for whatever reason or walking under the lifts looking for whatever they dropped. I saw People sliding down Midway.  Sliding down Lazy, and even walking down tuts with their skis over their shoulder.  One guy who fell on tuts was wearing grey sweatpants. I get it you don't ski so you don't have gear but common sense should tell someone that when skiing...especially when it's rainy, that wearing something water resistant may be a good idea. This guy's grey sweatpants were so wet that they were practically falling off. They weren't drying either. This isn't the type of weather where things dry when your outdoors. His ass (literally) is going to be wet for a long time. SMH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Tried but today was something else. People were either on their ass, walking down trails, walking in the trees for whatever reason or walking under the lifts looking for whatever they dropped. I saw People sliding down Midway.  Sliding down Lazy, and even walking down tuts with their skis over their shoulder.  One guy who fell on tuts was wearing grey sweatpants. I get it you don't ski so you don't have gear but common sense should tell someone that when skiing...especially when it's rainy, that wearing something water resistant may be a good idea. This guy's grey sweatpants were so wet that they were practically falling off. They weren't drying either. This isn't the type of weather where things dry when your outdoors. His ass (literally) is going to be wet for a long time. SMH.

❤️ Blue Mountain

Another groundhog day in the fog.

Coming over the @RidgeRacer this morning, the fog had (temporarily) cleared and the hopes of a fog-free day arose, only to be dashed shortly thereafter.

Regardless, hero snow made for hero bumps on Midway and Lower Main, followed by ample beers in the lot afterwards.

Hopefully going to be a rainless window of opportunity tomorrow morning, but guessing a 4pm closure followed by a closed Sunday after the deluge.

Happy healthy and prosperous New Year to all PASRs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Another groundhog day in the fog.

Coming over the @RidgeRacer this morning, the fog had (temporarily) cleared and the hopes of a fog-free day arose, only to be dashed shortly thereafter.

Regardless, hero snow made for hero bumps on Midway and Lower Main, followed by ample beers in the lot afterwards.

Hopefully going to be a rainless window of opportunity tomorrow morning, but guessing a 4pm closure followed by a closed Sunday after the deluge.

Happy healthy and prosperous New Year to all PASRs!

They are closed tomorrow already according to the race team.  Nothing posted yet though on blue’s facebook

Edited by theprogram4
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sheesh it was dead this morning. 

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why do you care? You're a Frost, CB, Epic guy now. Those ponds don't belong to you anymore.

I still have a season pass to Blue Mountain the True Mountain! And I plan to come now that the high speed ski lift is running. This weather is just such a stoke stomper that I cant get motivated to ski lately. Hopefully soon!

50 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Why do you care? You're a Frost, CB, Epic guy now. Those ponds don't belong to you anymore.

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I still have a season pass to Blue Mountain the True Mountain! And I plan to come now that the high speed ski lift is running. This weather is just such a stoke stomper that I cant get motivated to ski lately. Hopefully soon!

You guys have the weirdest tension between each other 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1