Mont Bleu - 1/25/22

toast21602

It seems like pay to park is becoming popular at ski joints everywhere. 
that being said, no reason to jump off the covered bridge just yet cause some guy on the lift told someone blue is gonna charge for parking. 
I do see some logistical issues with this though. 
(1) i dont know how they can do this with the traffic issues they already have. 
(2) pay to park to go to the ski shop?

(3) pay to park to go to the fancy summit restaurant thingy?  

• Like 4

Just now, JFskiDan said:

that being said, no reason to jump off the covered bridge just yet cause some guy on the lift told someone blue is gonna charge for parking. 

Agreed. Definitely some logistical issues. Especially with two lodge areas with parking instead of one. Still not concerned, we will adapt and drink/grill/whatever 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

someone said it earlier - cbk attracts NY/NJ crowd who will pay for premium parking. that isn't blue's clientele.

maybe blue can charge for that row at the top where we park and something close to the tubing maybe. i just don't see it happening. 

Blue attracts plenty of the NY and NJ crowd...and most of the suburban Philly fuckers have money. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mgguy said:

It is crazy to charge parking; think about it, a family of 4 comes in and pays for lift tickets, rentals ($100 per person for ticket and rental), $100 for food (if they are lucky) and then gets jabbed $40 to park. lol. I will say that paying for parking is going to keep me from going to Camelback or JF/BB. Greedy pigs trying to bleed us dry and ruin the sport. It won't keep away the NY/NJ crowd but will affect the local crowd. 

Almost every other destination attraction charges for parking but season passholders get parking included like at dorney Park.  I think at the birds games they charge for parking.  

Almost every other destination attraction charges for parking but season passholders get parking included like at dorney Park.  I think at the birds games they charge for parking.  

Are you really comparing an eagles game to skiing at blue? There’s multiple viable forms of public transit to get to the stadiums. Lemme know when I can take a train from my house to blue, then I’ll pay to park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Thought Razors was pretty sweet too. Skied until about noon, and really needed my rocking chair in the parking lot. Talked with another boomer on the lift and it looks like they are going with the Camelback paid parking model next year. Got to pay for all that new gravel somehow.

I did look for you today. Got there at 850, unfortunately not out on the snow until 930 after shopping for the new helmet. Skied until 230 with a short beer/toe warming break around 1 pm. Lots of good parking lot eats. Ready to repeat tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No other ski area around here charges for parking except Camelshat

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

Are you really comparing an eagles game to skiing at blue? There’s multiple viable forms of public transit to get to the stadiums. Lemme know when I can take a train from my house to blue, then I’ll pay to park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he’s comparing a 50+ day ski season to 9-12 eagles games. 

11 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

They can't get enough people to work the lifts, now they're going to get more to work as parking attendants?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

No other ski area around here charges for parking except Camelshat

And, unfortunately, blue is managed (owned?) by the same people that manage camelshat now. I think that number's jumping to two. I'm not totally against it if it 1) stays free for pass holders and 2) means a paved parking lot it the future...I know I shouldn't care about the latter but muddy boots make me crazy.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

And, unfortunately, blue is managed (owned?) by the same people that manage camelshat now. I think that number's jumping to two. I'm not totally against it if it 1) stays free for pass holders and 2) means a paved parking lot it the future...I know I shouldn't care about the latter but muddy boots make me crazy.

You honestly believe they'd use the "extra" money to pave the parking lot?

I too don't have a problem if they charge for premium parking locations (paved upper lot, some paved lower lot area right next to building) or perhaps even valet parking up top and free for pass holders.  Gonna be a big stink on social media if they try to charge everyone.

Ya know they're gonna bump season pass prices big time and I'll bet one of the "perks" is free parking...

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Like they aren't already gouging the public with their $100+ ticket prices?

I agree their ticket prices are high, but slipping $12 or so in for a “parking fee” would likely not even be noticed by 80% of the people buying tickets. 

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I said if ..sort of a pipe dream for me and probably me only.

Yes, you did say if.  
I'd prefer they use the "extra" money to cut a new trail or add more lift capacity or replace the manual guns, something more tangible to the skiing.
I have a tray in the back of the car to keep the parking lot mud on the boots at bey in the car, so that doesn't bother me much.

• Like 3

In a vacuum, a couple extra dollars for a "season pass" parking ticket isn't the end of the world. Or having a premium parking lot isn't the end of the world. But my fear is with the new ownership that this will just be the beginning of them trying to nickel and dime us at every turn. Passes will be more expensive that's for sure. Will they offer early bird specials? Food will be more expensive, soft goods, lockers, rentals ect ect will all be more expensive. Then they expand the "premium parking" to the entire lot in 2 years.

IDK, after watching Vail run JFBB into the ground I'm a bit pessimistic about the new ownership.

@JFskiDan warned me 2(?) years ago when Peak was bought by Vail what would ultimately happen, and he was correct.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I agree their ticket prices are high, but slipping $12 or so in for a “parking fee” would likely not even be noticed by 80% of the people buying tickets. 

The only issue with that is if 4 people are buying tickets, coming in the same car, all 4 people paid to park one car.  big money maker, but thats not quite right either.  

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Gotta pay for that new lift that was confirmed by Gerald who heard from Jimmy who has a friend of a friend of Barb's dentist who heard from a liftie at Blue who rides with Jim on ski patrol. 

i heard the guy that wears the full face helmet, was told by the tye-dye skier dude (#1 Blue Mt fan on FB), who heard Cecily Teinan was going to become a regular Blue Mt skier (since the lifts at JF are out of control these days) but then recanted that decision, because she was told by Gerald that the price of season passes were going to go up to pay for the new lift. 

Paid parking will go towards paving @RidgeRacer's parking spot.  If that doesnt work out, i will start a go-fund me for it.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The only issue with that is if 4 people are buying tickets, coming in the same car, all 4 people paid to park one car.  big money maker, but thats not quite right either.  

i heard the guy that wears the full face helmet, was told by the tye-dye skier dude (#1 Blue Mt fan on FB), who heard Cecily Teinan was going to become a regular Blue Mt skier (since the lifts at JF are out of control these days) but then recanted that decision, because she was told by Gerald that the price of season passes were going to go up to pay for the new lift. 

Paid parking will go towards paving @RidgeRacer's parking spot.  If that doesnt work out, i will start a go-fund me for it.   

This is all factual. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Yes, you did say if.  
I'd prefer they use the "extra" money to cut a new trail or add more lift capacity or replace the manual guns, something more tangible to the skiing.
I have a tray in the back of the car to keep the parking lot mud on the boots at bey in the car, so that doesn't bother me much.

I would prefer if they made fixing the god damn lifts priority #1 with any kind of "extra" revenue.  But yeah, the parking lot would be so far down my list, it might be on the second page.  The lot doesnt bother me at all.  

Blue should perfect the art of taking as much cash out of spectators pockets as much as possible.  Specifically at the tubing hill, which i hope they have started to do with that outside seating thing with the flame thrower table.  

• Like 2

Forget parking lot improvements, forget new lifts, and forget new trails.  What blue really needs is a retractable roof...no rain days and we can ski year round.  Let the taxpayers cover it....if taxpayers can pay for retractable roofs for NFL stadiums that get used 10 times per year, they can certainly pay for a retractable roof at blue that will get used almost 365 days per year

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Paying for parking wouldn’t affect us that much since it would almost certainly be included for season pass holders. It might force us back away from the lodge further. It would also almost certainly  cause major backups getting into the lower lot unless they did a major reconfigure to have a long on property loop before reaching the pay gate.  

It would be the first signal to me that the days of tailgating and drinking are over soon. But what point is there in getting worked up about it now?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1