The 2022-23 ski season thread.

32 minutes ago, Benm said:

Super sucks, they made a pair of customs for my step dad way back and they couldn't have been nicer. Plus the skis are holding up well and from what I gather they have become pretty popular particularly with their custom graphics deal. 

Hopefully that dude is well insured and gets back up soon

On 11/18/2022 at 2:33 AM, Benm said:

terrible news at Gilson Ski/Snowboard overnight.

nothing online yet, just broke, huge fire overnight. place is 'gutted'

Reminds me of a popular fiberglass kayak maker in West Virginia a number of years ago. At the end of the day he left a pot of mixed epoxy on the workbench. It cooked off and burned down the shop. Never did get back in business. 

Expect I will start my Skison this Sat 11/26 at Hunter. They have Belt Parkway, Hellgate, Minya Konka and East Side Drive open - 4 distinct 1500 vertical runs off the top - and it sounds like they may add Overlook before the weekend. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Expect I will start my Skison this Sat 11/26 at Hunter. They have Belt Parkway, Hellgate, Minya Konka and East Side Drive open - 4 distinct 1500 vertical runs off the top - and it sounds like they may add Overlook before the weekend. 

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

This is great, be sure to write a report! I thought you weren't going to drive that far since it would cost an extra $40?

56 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This is great, be sure to write a report! I thought you weren't going to drive that far since it would cost an extra $40?

I said I wouldn't drive that far based on price savings give travel cost and time.

I will do it for 5 runs I'd enjoy skiing with 1500 vertical instead of largely lapping Freefall to Paradise all day. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I will do it for 5 runs I'd enjoy skiing with 1500 vertical instead of largely lapping Freefall to Paradise all day. 

TFTI but there will be a lot of other trails to ski at Blue Mountain like Connector and Easy Out.

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1

Note that in my initial post I was intentionally not comparing it to Blue who are also doing a great job with the amount of terrain they are opening in November - compared to one green trail (Pennsylvania at Shawnee) in the rest of the Mid Atlantic region.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Today I'm thankful that I'll be skiing in less than 24 hours (among many other things of course)

Are you really going to ski tomorrow? It's supposed to rain. I'm afraid that I would get wet so I'll be watching on the webcams

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1