23/24 Season Passes Released.

toast21602

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf has been real quiet.  I haven’t seen him at Blue in a long time.  Salty is eaf still your pen pal?

Nope, my only off forum pen pal on this site is Atomic Jeff. I haven't seen Eaf in a while, he only posts when he skis in Yurp. Eaf's my blood brother, he was my sole defendant when I got banned for Salty Land. One time you called Ski2Live, Eaf and I the Three Amigos from some Chevy Chase movie. That was rad. Maybe me, you, Ski2Live, Eaf, Enjoralas and JohnnyLaw can all meet up for supper in Malvern soon to bury the hatchet.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nope, my only off forum pen pal on this site is Atomic Jeff. I haven't seen Eaf in a while, he only posts when he skis in Yurp. Eaf's my blood brother, he was my sole defendant when I got banned for Salty Land. One time you called Ski2Live, Eaf and I the Three Amigos from some Chevy Chase movie. That was rad. Maybe me, you, Ski2Live, Eaf, Enjoralas and JohnnyLaw can all meet up for supper in Malvern soon to bury the hatchet.

Depends on where I can bury it

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

97.5 brought back Jamie lynch and he hosts the show from PJs in MALVERN on Sundays.  I listen on the way home from blue 

• Boner City 1

23 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

97.5 brought back Jamie lynch and he hosts the show from PJs in MALVERN on Sundays.  I listen on the way home from blue 

I haven't been to PJs since I used to work in an office and we would go there for lunch occasionally but that was the one in Downingtown. I love MALVERN but I don't love PJs enough to go out of my way to go there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DiMe said:

Ah dang, wrong Johnny!  What happened to Robert 2 aka R2D2 and Papasteezes Nipples, are they pro now?

Any VT plans when Blue closes this year?

I think R2’s physical disabilities and lack of transportation caught up with him, and he is pretty involved in ham radio now. You can see the parking lot hang out location from some of GSS’s  early morning photographs. Too far for me to walk. About all you can say about this morning’s skiing was that it was better than not skiing. Hope they haven’t stopped blowing for the season. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

I think R2’s physical disabilities and lack of transportation caught up with him, and he is pretty involved in ham radio now. You can see the parking lot hang out location from some of GSS’s  early morning photographs. Too far for me to walk. About all you can say about this morning’s skiing was that it was better than not skiing. Hope they haven’t stopped blowing for the season. 

I think tomorrow morning will be decent. C1 have you met Robert2?  I have to google what ham radio is.  I do know that video killed the radio star. 

56 minutes ago, Schif said:

I haven't been to PJs since I used to work in an office and we would go there for lunch occasionally but that was the one in Downingtown. I love MALVERN but I don't love PJs enough to go out of my way to go there. 

The downingtown PJs is where my high school reunion that I didn’t attend was located.  The wawa right up the road is where a recent car jacking took place. PJs is my go-to for first dates as it’s cheap yet somewhat respectable 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

The downingtown PJs is where my high school reunion that I didn’t attend was located.  The wawa right up the road is where a recent car jacking took place. PJs is my go-to for first dates as it’s cheap yet somewhat respectable 

Does PJs ever lead to second dates?

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think Robert2 is dead and a few years ago Nipples became obsessed with running and has hiked all the 4,000 foot mountains in New Hampshire this winter and thinking about skiing Vermont or up north in a couple weeks 

Everytime I see blue ice thinking of R2D2 will forever be etched in my memory, RIP.  Sounds like them two are living the dream one peak at a time!  

Hit me up if you want to try to line something up, up north for old times sakes.  Thinking about going somewhere up there when our options end here.

3 hours ago, C1erArt said:

I haven't heard of ham radio, is that like being a Rush Limbaugh big cheese figure or something of a more culinary taste....  either way, I'm glad he's still out there breathing. 

I think I can tell where the the party's at by GSS photos.  Seems much further a walk than near the Frontier Center where I currently have been partying.  I was going to go this morning but figured I had enough rain riding yesterday and would catch up on some sleep.

Ski ya'll tomorrow if your out there.  Weather tomorrow is looking mighty fine for all the one layer playas! :rock

Edited by DiMe

15 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

...not hanging around in a parking lot eating, drinking and smoking after skiing

It may be a parking lot but it is so, so much more. A layperson may only see a generic plain of tightly packed colloidal dirt particles mixed in with water molecules to form a chocolate milk appearance which muddies up the sedans and sports cars making transient use of that space while their owners ride the gravity waves down the Kittatinny Ridge upon magical carpet of fluffy corduroy and granular goodness. But for nearly two decades this seemingly innocuous lot has been the town square for men and women who gather from miles around to share their intense passion for Blue Mountain and revel in tales of glory as they speed past gapers and jerries on the wonderous pistes of Challenge and Chute. If the trees and plants that surround the perimeter of the lot could talk, they would recall glorious tales of MattEdge making an improvised rap song on the communal boom box, or an epic fable of when a group of muscular men met their match when trying to lift a Chevy Sonic despite such a valiant effort. The birds in the surrounding forest would sing folklore of times when tubular meat sandwiches laden with delicious flavorful toppings were consumed after a brawl or two with fellow patrons, where men in tall hats and gold watch fobs thumped their chests and said what a brave charge it was. It is so much more than just a parking lot, it is a national historic landmark and a place to sculpt and erect colossal statues of past and present legendary PASRs to forever memorialize their presence on those hallowed grounds, where herbs dare not tread and where the echos of high fives and fist bumps echo the mountainside as cans and kegs of Yoo-Hoo are consumed to the tune of great merriment.

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It may be a parking lot but it is so, so much more. A layperson may only see a generic plain of tightly packed colloidal dirt particles mixed in with water molecules to form a chocolate milk appearance which muddies up the sedans and sports cars making transient use of that space while their owners ride the gravity waves down the Kittatinny Ridge upon magical carpet of fluffy corduroy and granular goodness. But for nearly two decades this seemingly innocuous lot  has been the forum for dedicated and passionate men and women who share their intense passion for Blue Mountain and revel in tales of glory as they speed past gapers and jerries on the wonderous pistes of Challenge and Chute. If the trees and plants that surround the perimeter of the lot could talk, they would recall glorious tales of MattEdge making an improvised rap song on the communal boom box, or an epic fable of when a group of muscular men met their match when trying to lift a Chevy Sonic despite such a valiant effort. The birds in the surrounding forest would sing folklore of times when tubular meat sandwiches laden with delicious flavorful toppings were consumed after a brawl or two with fellow patrons, where men in tall hats and gold watch fobs thumped their chests and said what a brave charge it was. It is so much more than just a parking lot, it is a national historic landmark and a place to sculpt a large statue of past and present legendary PASRs to forever memorialize their presence on those hallowed grounds, where herbs dare not tread and where the echos of high fives and fist bumps echo the mountainside as cans and kegs of Yoo-Hoo are consumed to the tune of great merriment.

You’re trying to be @Johnny Law

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It may be a parking lot but it is so, so much more. A layperson may only see a generic plain of tightly packed colloidal dirt particles mixed in with water molecules to form a chocolate milk appearance which muddies up the sedans and sports cars making transient use of that space while their owners ride the gravity waves down the Kittatinny Ridge upon magical carpet of fluffy corduroy and granular goodness. But for nearly two decades this seemingly innocuous lot has been the town square for men and women who gather from miles around to share their intense passion for Blue Mountain and revel in tales of glory as they speed past gapers and jerries on the wonderous pistes of Challenge and Chute. If the trees and plants that surround the perimeter of the lot could talk, they would recall glorious tales of MattEdge making an improvised rap song on the communal boom box, or an epic fable of when a group of muscular men met their match when trying to lift a Chevy Sonic despite such a valiant effort. The birds in the surrounding forest would sing folklore of times when tubular meat sandwiches laden with delicious flavorful toppings were consumed after a brawl or two with fellow patrons, where men in tall hats and gold watch fobs thumped their chests and said what a brave charge it was. It is so much more than just a parking lot, it is a national historic landmark and a place to sculpt and erect colossal statues of past and present legendary PASRs to forever memorialize their presence on those hallowed grounds, where herbs dare not tread and where the echos of high fives and fist bumps echo the mountainside as cans and kegs of Yoo-Hoo are consumed to the tune of great merriment.

Holy shit, I am SOLD. Hook line and sinker....  I may have to just change my parking practices to reacquaint with such a legendary community and etch my own legacy.

• Thanks 1

BMR put an email out and listed the U9 pass price as *only with the purchase of a full season pass* which I didn't see online anywhere. Not that it matters to me but it might to someone.

Also, pretty sure my kid has more days on the hill and in Blue's parking lot than Ski2Live has anywhere this season so don't believe it's not a kid friendly environment.  Do the girls even realize they could have rode an e-scooter in the lot like GSS?!

A3038D03-5507-4E5E-B66C-342559C5AD9A.jpeg.9d50bcb6c07ee64a7dcfa6c158483be9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think tomorrow morning will be decent. C1 have you met Robert2?  I have to google what ham radio is.  I do know that video killed the radio star. 

Met him a couple of times skiing weekdays at Frost. Think this is him. Will DM you some current web links. Creepy much? Scary what a web presence we leave  

2F5B5D70-D39A-4DA0-BA13-A23187A80A3A.thumb.jpeg.b769d9823fb694da2acae6222d75e774.jpeg

Edited by C1erArt

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

I haven't heard of ham radio, is that like being a Rush Limbaugh big cheese figure or something of a more culinary taste....  either way, I'm glad he's still out there breathing. 

What is this generation coming to? Re-read your Tom Swift novels.