2023/24 Epic Pass Prices

Yep - in for Epic Local for 676 unless Ikon adds a decent PA option.

And the new Teen pricing tier on Epic Local ($547) makes it cheaper for us than last years pricing.

So we will get 3 Epics and no Indy for 23-24

Gonna max out visiting Indy resorts this Skison - after my 2nd consecutive Stowe day today.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep - in for Epic Local for 676 unless Ikon adds a decent PA option.

And the new Teen pricing tier on Epic Local ($547) makes it cheaper for us than last years pricing.

So we will get 3 Epics and no Indy for 23-24

Gonna max out visiting Indy resorts this Skison - after my 2nd consecutive Stowe day today.

Did you ski the goat dive woods?  Did the girls ski any of the front four?

• Thanks 1

Did not do Goat. Did Chin Clip, Upper Smuggler's, Nosedive, Liftline, Haystack, Centerline and plenty of glades. Girls have done most of that too.

Also skied lots of awesome glades with girls at Magic on Saturday.

Skied 6 of the past 8 days

• Thanks 2

• 11 months later...

There was a Facebook post about a husband and wife who have been scanning tickets at Jack Frost since 1999.  They have those handheld scanners..you’d think by now Vail would put in a turnstyle system but I sort of was glad seeing they still do it old school to keep a few more folks employed.  

I wonder if they are Scan-din-avian…get scanned in check your din and avian is something haven’t you heard..add in the flu you have a sick bird..

D58E64C4-FAB3-4603-8AEE-46963637385B.png

On 3/13/2023 at 10:45 AM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Did not do Goat. Did Chin Clip, Upper Smuggler's, Nosedive, Liftline, Haystack, Centerline and plenty of glades. Girls have done most of that too.

Also skied lots of awesome glades with girls at Magic on Saturday.

Skied 6 of the past 8 days

I like chin clip..on a pow day parking at the gondola if you can’t make the early four runner quad head straight for Chin Clip..most of the gondy people go for Gondolier or Perry Merrill..cause they’re blues..nice work I’ve only skied one out of the last one day.  

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There was a Facebook post about a husband and wife who have been scanning tickets at Jack Frost since 1999.  They have those handheld scanners..you’d think by now Vail would put in a turnstyle system but I sort of was glad seeing they still do it old school to keep a few more folks employed.  

I wonder if they are Scan-din-avian…get scanned in check your din and avian is something haven’t you heard..add in the flu you have a sick bird..

I think i went to jf twice on my epic pass, like when blue didnt open for rain, or they closed for the season. I definitely was not scanned once. 

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A lot of places still use the hand scanners for some reason. 
Every mountain that I went to on my NH tour did.
Some even still used a wicket ticket!

On 2/23/2024 at 4:53 AM, indiggio said:

A lot of places still use the hand scanners for some reason. 
Every mountain that I went to on my NH tour did.
Some even still used a wicket ticket!

They mainly scan as you enter the snow at the lodge. Sometimes a scanner will move from lift to lift for a few minutes. 10 minutes at a lift will catch anyone without a pass. Most weekday afternoons that we ski we don’t get scanned at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That's not terrible. I'm interested in seeing the Ikon pass prices before making any decisions

Im gonna need some pretty serious spreadsheets to figure this out.  Runs per hour/miles driven X cost of cocoa(x2).  There needs to be a lot of columns to break this down properly.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That's not terrible. I'm interested in seeing the Ikon pass prices before making any decisions

Ikon is usually $150-200 more then Epic 

• Thanks 1

Nice to see the teen pass pricing introduced last year carry through to this year and with increases fairly modest our total bill for 3 will only be about $120 more than last year 

Waiting to see what Ikon is offering, including whether Windham remains on their pass.

18 minutes ago, Schif said:

Do either Epic or Ikon offer the rest of this season too? 

In my research on the Ikon, you get the rest of this season at resorts owned by Alterra.  So, Stratton and Sugarbush in VT.  This was based on last years pass, so, there could be some changes this year.  

• Like 1

The very extensive blackouts on the Ikon Base pass will keep us on Epic Local - which has fairly minimal blackouts and will run us about $1900 for 3 people (compared to $3100 for full Ikon).

Nice to see they kept Windham though. Many try Ikon the following year once kids are off to college. 

• Confused 1