Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The old stand alone restaurants were so cool....everybody knows the red cups....checkered tablecloths......  going to a pizza hut back then was like really going out for pizza.  it was cool.  now i feel like the pizza is just a little bit better than @Benm's fav little Caesars hot and ready cardboard.  

My mom worked at the one on 5th street in Reading so for awhile we had some red cups and their very specific French onion soup bowls. 

Rando I still think of the karate game me and my sister used to play all the time. 

Strange to think back in the day going to the Hut was a nice dinner out.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

My mom worked at the one on 5th street in Reading so for awhile we had some red cups and their very specific French onion soup bowls. 

Rando I still think of the karate game me and my sister used to play all the time. 

Strange to think back in the day going to the Hut was a nice dinner out.  

There wasnt one near me, so going to one was a big deal to me.  mostly when we were on Vacation, and i pretty much had to beg, plead, and act like an asshole to get my way.  

10 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Pizza hut was the bomb when the kids would get free pizzas for reading books and Mrs S and I would get icy cold pitchers of coors light

i remember thinking getting a pitcher of Coke was just the coolest thing ever.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

Pizza hut was the bomb when the kids would get free pizzas for reading books and Mrs S and I would get icy cold pitchers of coors light

This was a family tradition of ours too. My dad loved those pitchers of beer while we ate our free personal pizza. I wish there was a Book-It for adults.

• Like 2

I think the one in Rutland is still a standalone.  I used to grab one there every once in awhile on my way up to Sugarbush because a family member is GF.  If I’m rolling solo, I’m just driving through at the Little Caesar’s.  Pizza Pizza.

I used to hit up the buffet all the time in college.  Couldn’t beat it…

• Like 1

As a Christmas present a few years ago, I converted all our family home videos to digital, but I had to buy a “new” VHS player in order to do it.  So while I had it out, I figured I might as well watch one of my favorites on VHS, and it helped refresh my memory.

On 11/12/2023 at 8:52 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you still like Pizza Hut?  Me and @Johnny Law and @theprogram4 are big fans. Covid ended the Pizza Hut buffet, at least at the two Allentown locations k was familiar with.  No cicis pizza either..

I had Pizza Hut on Friday.  Love their pan pizza

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Hoping to start Skison 11-24 at Hunter, though they are not revealing anything yet.

Any reason you're not coming to ski Blue Mountain the true Mountain? Blue mountain will also be open on 11-24 and it's probably a shorter drive for you which means you'll save big money in gasoline fueling. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Any reason you're not coming to ski Blue Mountain the true Mountain? Blue mountain will also be open on 11-24 and it's probably a shorter drive for you which means you'll save big money in gasoline fueling. 

You make a good point but the twins like Hunter better. Blue isn’t challenging enough. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, saltyant said:

3 people haven't offered us their buddy passes yet. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:35 AM, indiggio said:

I usually wear them around the house prior to going out the first time.
I'll buckle them down as tight as I can stand it, flex them a lot, walk around in them, sit at the computer, watch TV, etc. for a while.  Do this daily or so to help the process progress faster.

What a grate parade watching activity to get so stoked for shopping mall skiing this weekend

IMG_20231123_100206785_HDR.thumb.jpg.fc52e8fce86bd91ca2ec169dc87a8d24.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Real nice day at Belleayre. A couple inches of soft snow on top of the base on Deer Run. Headwalls on Seneca and Peekamoose were a bit slick. Rode the Gondola 12× with line always under 2 minutes, never getting as far back as the RFID gates. 

Crazy that you spend weeks talking about opening day and you don’t even make a thread for your first day…