Saturday 12/16…another mild day. Free falling

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot before 720am and it was 32 degrees in the valley and 41 degrees at the upper entrance..and inversion yo.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, PARidge, JFDan, Mute, Justo, Pops, the Real KT, Enjorales, TP4, Mixilplix, Bethlehem Form crew, Matt edge, Indiggio, Dirtwolf and many others. 

Some went to the quad first I went to the super summit safari six pack for a run down midway to lower main before it got crowded. Conditions were ok..small cookies on lower main but not terrible.  Then up the quad to Freefall and was a deep base and lots of 3D snow…by later in the session the bumps were getting pretty big.  Lower paradise is to narrow to be enjoyable.  Just to many slow people in the way.  

Skied some more laps as the sun rose and it sure got warm out…then in the lot while having beers we got the bad news that Blue is closed tomorrow cause of predicted rain..bah bah bah bullshit so I guess I’ll see some of you Tuesday morning to see what’s left.  

JADIP

2B86E59E-2D88-46EE-B3D8-957D556B21B6.jpeg

• Like 5

Today was so much fun. Perhaps the best session of the season so far for me. Spent a lot of time today like Tom Petty....Free Fallin'. Good snow on that side despite the narrow trails and thin cover. Some leg burning later as bumps formed. Upper and lower dis is definitely narrow but the middle was ok. Blue pulled it out. Good on them! Despite the flood warning for palmerton hoping its not too terrible. Pray for cold next week.

IMG_20231216_074902_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20231216_080531_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231216_080631_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 7

Guy who was parked next to the paid parking said $36 but that they weren’t charging today cause nobody to work that lot.  I never get any good information from randoms in the parking lot.  I also got to ride the scooter today…it’s electric ️ 

I better not hear a you’re my boy blue tomorrow if it doesn’t start raining until 4pm or only spritzes…prob will be real foggy..

The springy almost styrofoamy snow with no ice underneath on coming soon is something we don’t get to ski much of at Blue…that was real nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Why is Blue the True closed tomorrow since the Rain doesn't start til late afternoon? That's quite irrational 

Yeah it’s BS..Bethlehem ford guy confirmed and we all were pissed but he was only the messenger and then Dirtwolf confirmed with his internet phone.  I wonder if camelback will be open..being farther north and east the rain won’t starting falling there for until ten minutes later.  

You guys are seriously underselling the hilariousness that is pdis, we were on the 2nd chair behind Oz and it was like a really good Norm McDonald joke, so bad it's like instantly hilarious. 

Free fall was rotd, up top was all super low key feel like a king and then kapow half bumps half rando piles and pleebs down in the hole. It's all loose, water down the hill skiing and the bad good is one of the best conditions at blue. Bonus points for the single file luge runout with even more pleebs down in the hole. 

Mad props for them having the stones to open dis and free fall no sign. All season when it's minty fresh they have that experts sign but the one time it's kinda approaching it that fucker was collecting dust in the shed. 

Today was perfect in it's craptacularness which is what blue is all about 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah it’s BS..Bethlehem ford guy confirmed and we all were pissed but he was only the messenger and then Dirtwolf confirmed with his internet phone.  I wonder if camelback will be open..being farther north and east the rain won’t starting falling there for until ten minutes later.  

It appears Camelback will be open, because I haven't seen anything saying it won't be. If anyone wants to shred the gnarliest hill in the Poconos with a camel mascot and hitch a ride for free parking in Lot 8, which is right next to the perder, the Subaru bus leaves from MacAdoodle tomorrow morning at 7 am sharp. 

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

It appears Camelback will be open, because I haven't seen anything saying it won't be. If anyone wants to shred the gnarliest hill in the Poconos with a camel mascot and hitch a ride for free parking in Lot 8, which is right next to the perder, the Subaru bus leaves from MacAdoodle tomorrow morning at 7 am sharp. 

TFTI 

Yesterday would have been a lot more fun for me with less people. I just get too panicky with that many people sliding around next to me. No more weekends for me until they open more trails. Parking lot was fun. High point of the day was seeing  the bald eagle 

Edited by momskeeztoo
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh darn I just woke up gonna check the webcams and radar.  It’s not even raining.  

WNEP showed Blue Mountain webcam this morning at 730 am and the anchor said "no skiers yet". I guess they forgot to check the Blue Mountain website to see if they're open today

• Sad 1