1/6/24…the shitshow before the storm..

Hey All,

I’m back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 725am and it was in the mid 20s under cloudy skies. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, RidgeRacer, Nastar glenn, Mute, Boobear,BenM, PSUFly, mixilplix, antman, Bethlehem ford crew, GahSkier, Indiggio, Justo, GSSucks, The RealKT and last but not least Johnny Law. 

First up the super summit safari six pack which stopped a few times on the first ride.  Upper Main Street is open and it was craptastic..uneven and cookies..lower wasn’t much better.  Over to the quad and yes coming soon was closed for race training, not just blue racers but racers from other mountains as well. Paradise was ok, lower is still a little thin and not that smooth.  

Then the run of the day, yes boys and girls lazy mike is open again and it now has excellent coverage of the largest cookies and they got larger farther down on the run.  For competent skiers it was a challenge being in control…once and done for me…Burma had the best snow on the hill and only about 100 people on it and finished off on paradise which still had ok snow but super crowded. 

All in all conditions today were a lot worse than expected but at least Blue added to their base to combat future rain and thaws.  Fun and chilly parking lot today and hungout for about two hours.   Flakes are flying and some are talking about returning tonight to ski during the storm. 

JADIP

E32D9FFF-6E66-4847-89F1-C7500060E9BB.jpeg

• Like 4

Between lift outages and the 1 out of 10 conditions (even for me) in spots  today was wild. Always better skiing than not but ouch. On a positive note it was nice seeing the guns on. Always enjoy a good snowmaking cloud from a far. On another positive note it's snowing! I was able to snap the below pic on lazy this morning. Ski you tomorrow 

Screenshot_20240106-125618~2.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Speaking of salty, I was behind a Pendot truck driving slow and using 5 tons per mile. I turned off onto another road. 
First storm people don’t remember how to drive and I guess the Pendot employees either. 

Snowing my way about 3/8” and coming down pretty good. Tomorrow afternoon looks like more snow sneaking in so I’m thinking over perform . 

IMG_4685.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PSUFly said:

After doing 2 runs on paradise I had decent expectations...then I hit lazy mile, which was more cookies than I could ever want.  Still a good time, beers in the lot and stopped for a poke bowl off cedar Crest Blvd on the way home.   

That’s right near my work, how was it?  

Nothing much to add, as we found everything the same as others.

Right side of Paradise mid way down had some nice snow on the ridge, but dealing with the line at the quad wasn't worth it.

Rolled the dice on the quad at open in the hopes of getting a single run down Coming Soon, no luck.  They had it closed from the get-go.

Found some fun along the left side of upper Main in the guns, since you took your life into your hands out in the middle of Main with all the people attempting to navigate the cookies and the pack of boarders sitting smack dab in the middle of the run!

Took to the lot for a beer about 10:30, hoping that the 4 hour crowd would ease the lift lines, nope!
Went back out and braved the lines for a couple more and called it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

TP4 also in the house.  He has to be beating the boomers in runs in the leaderboard.  He’s been putting in some legit sessions.  Maybe the most dedicated PASR

James W is destroying the leaderboard.

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Can you post a link to the leaderboard??  Any weather updates from your hood @DiMe

You have to go to My Stats in your Blue account.  James prob wont be beat he's there every morning before work for 10+ runs, not even a car wreck stops him.  I'm in 20th.

Screenshot_20240106_172529_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1