Jan 29 - Quiet and easy to ski

C1erArt

44 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Damn I knew it was going to be empty, post rain has become the new best condition at blue. 

I have to be in NYC for work until Wednesday and I'm dying. 

Post rain when above freezing are my favorite non pow conditions.  I definitely prefer it to fresh manmade or that slow squeaky snow. 

• Like 2

Awesome day.  Arrived at 1pm left at 4:30pm.  Snow was fast but still plenty edgable everywhere except Barbs Way.  Crowds non existent.  All in all JADIP at Blue The True.

20240129_162920.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 8

We went out for a family ski last night around 6....  dust on crust at the top of the mountain and razors, challenge and main street looked and sounded glacial. On the the other trails there was sugar to be found on the sides and it got deeper the further down the mountain you went. Wish we could have made it earlier to run some of the other trails. 

Edited by Boo Bear
  • Like 5

Out for an hour this morning. Tried to find a decent slope. Freefall and  DW/NM wasn’t awful, but then you had the sugar on Paradise to deal with. Best slope was the Falls. Groomers ripped up Razors. Definitely wasn’t feeling the love this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Out for an hour this morning. Tried to find a decent slope. Freefall and  DW/NM wasn’t awful, but then you had the sugar on Paradise to deal with. Best slope was the Falls. Groomers ripped up Razors. Definitely wasn’t feeling the love this morning. 

Should've stayed longer. True, some trails were sugary, but Lazy was great all the time, and even hero snow later in the morning. Hardly any people. Is it spring already??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eaf said:

Should've stayed longer. True, some trails were sugary, but Lazy was great all the time, and even hero snow later in the morning. Hardly any people. Is it spring already??

Probably over did it yesterday. 

Conditions definitely challenging today. Lazy to Lower Sidewinder ROTD. Top of Main was nice, but then you had to navigate the mine field on Lower Main. NMDW was decent, along with TCS. I used my new boots for the first time today, and I was on the struggle bus for a while. Not the best day to test out new gear. But I’m really enjoying this lack of crowds. School buses rolled in prior to our leaving-always interesting watching a bunch of middle school kids. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Conditions definitely challenging today. Lazy to Lower Sidewinder ROTD. Top of Main was nice, but then you had to navigate the mine field on Lower Main. NMDW was decent, along with TCS. I used my new boots for the first time today, and I was on the struggle bus for a while. Not the best day to test out new gear. But I’m really enjoying this lack of crowds. School buses rolled in prior to our leaving-always interesting watching a bunch of middle school kids. 

Sounds like you put in a long session.  WTGAI..The last time I was on lower sidewinder was when there was a $20 bill under the lift a few seasons ago.  It’s just a run I don’t care for. 

First 3 runs today were great. Then things got really chopped up (34 degrees, very light mist, a little foggy on top). Chunky on top, soft lower down (can I say that on a public forum?). A lot of work to ski it. They removed the features on Barb’s way, hopefully going to blow some snow on it. They blew a little snow last night on switchback. They closed freefall a little after opening. Initial conditions were much better groomed than yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

First 3 runs today were great. Then things got really chopped up (34 degrees, very light mist, a little foggy on top). Chunky on top, soft lower down (can I say that on a public forum?). A lot of work to ski it. They removed the features on Barb’s way, hopefully going to blow some snow on it. They blew a little snow last night on switchback. They closed freefall a little after opening. Initial conditions were much better groomed than yesterday.

Switchback ? Finally! Boner city for realz 

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

On 1/30/2024 at 10:31 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds like you put in a long session.  WTGAI..The last time I was on lower sidewinder was when there was a $20 bill under the lift a few seasons ago.  It’s just a run I don’t care for. 

I agree 💯. I always skip lower sidewinder. Unpopular opinion: don't care much for upper sidewinder either except the top of it is radical. Intersection at the bottom is too much of a PITA.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I agree 💯. I always skip lower sidewinder. Unpopular opinion: don't care much for upper sidewinder either except the top of it is radical. Intersection at the bottom is too much of a PITA.

Upper sidewinder is nice when it’s empty, by the last pitch, you are going as fast as on challenge which is a double black…maybe next winter will be cold and it will be open for 2025

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1