2/6/24…Sunny…Challenge was excellent.

Rode from 11:45-3:45, surprised how empty the place was.  Great conditions, did at least half my runs on razors.  Kicking myself for not doing challenge after reading y’all reports, but figured I rode it so much on the weekend I’d get my razors runs in.  Nightweaver was my ROTD.  Gotta reiterate that man the place was empty

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Rode from 11:45-3:45, surprised how empty the place was.  Great conditions, did at least half my runs on razors.  Kicking myself for not doing challenge after reading y’all reports, but figured I rode it so much on the weekend I’d get my razors runs in.  Nightweaver was my ROTD.  Gotta reiterate that man the place was empty

Yup was thinking about the emptiness..challenge didn’t look that good from the lift and seemed like everybody was going to nightmare dreamweaver and paradise.  There was a mens ski group really milking challenge like they were navigating a Root at Le Grave…first run we saw them gazing at the precipitous drop of the challenge headwall and in my head was,”don’t start don’t start”..and for once they didn’t start..so Atomic Jeff and Johnny Law were really able to slut it up..then next run that group was middle of second headwall but we’ll off to the side and next run when JLaw and AJeff hit up NMSW and I did Challenge again, the group was at the bottom of the Falls…

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Gotta reiterate that man the place was empty

Blue has to hate it but man is it nice when it's like the days of old. No 84737293 people lined up 30ft in front of the gates so no one can get through and then using two lanes. Most importantly no fuck heads endlessly dicking around in shitter stance with absolutely zero awareness. 

I think that group was psia, makes sense but most of those dudes are single trick ponies, hence their love of perfecting stupid little c turns and stopping every 20ft to have a confab on edge purchase. 

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I think that group was psia, makes sense but most of those dudes are single trick ponies, hence their love of perfecting stupid little c turns and stopping every 20ft to have a confab on edge purchase. 

When I did snowboard psia I saw this all the time.....

• Like 1

Went up tonight 6-8 and had a kids night. Our trail list was Pdis, Lazy, and Burma on repeat and all the side hits they offer. Definitely a firm base with sugar but still had a great time. Crowds were mild and around 7 they disappeared almost completely. Nice to have it empty.

Guns turned on for Switch at 7 and looked to be the only trail getting touched for now.

Is there a gofundme for Blue so they can buy light bulbs? Keeps getting worse and every trail we were on have sections out. 

IMG_3838.jpeg

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, Mixilplix said:

When I did snowboard psia I saw this all the time.....

I'm not even really knocking them for all the drills and what not it's just like if your goal was to remove all joy you couldn't be more successful.

Plus they don't get it like really at all,  everything is from the person's perspective which is at the end of the day almost irrelevant. Cog outside com everyone falls, it doesn't matter how good you are or not so why does everyone visualize and conceptualize it from that point of view.  

9 hours ago, saltyant said:

A grate reason to ski only in the daylight times.

If I worked Monday through Friday,I’d definitely ski nights. Otherwise, you wouldn’t go until the weekend. And sometimes when you have kids, that’s your only option. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nah we should motivate Salty to ski more.  I agree with Momskeeze

When I started skiing it was almost exclusively night skiing because it was cheape, like $20. I didn't have any season passes. Now that I've seen the light at how much better early morning skiing is on fresh courdoroy, the icy and sugary slopes of night skiing are far less appealing.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nice conditions today, almost as good as yesterday. Freefall was a little marbley, Paradise very good first thing - the bottom got marbley later, NMDW was excellent all morning, apparently they are spraying urea on Razors to harden it up (not many people on it), Challenge was excellent, Lazy good, Main St was soft on top and marbles below Midway but very skiable. The limejacket group had Curzi’s Cabin closed. Making a lot of progress on Switchback, just getting started on upper Sidewinder. 

A lot of lesson groups and, I think, PSIA certification going on. A really good day. 

• Like 6