3/24/24….super nice conditions.

Conditions were way better than expected for today after yesterday’s storm. Managed every run plus NM/DW twice with the fam before the Easter Egg hunt up top.  Didn’t see anyone in the lot since we arrived late and left early for the top lot.

Enjo had the beta for VIP lot(second row) being free and also skipping the stupid line for egg hunt registration(see photo). Line initially was from the top lodge entrance to the first row parked cars, but no one was using the second table to sign in.

Hanging out on the veranda for a bit with @enjoralasand @PSUFrankensteinwas a great way to finish the season. Kudos to Blue for blowing snow this week

ps random photo of @Boo Bear watching the egg hunt

IMG_4184.jpeg

IMG_4188.jpeg

IMG_4193.jpeg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, PSUFrankenstein said:

Great hanging with @mute1080, @Boo Bear, and @enjoralasat the easter egg hunt.   Would've liked to have stopped at the lower lot and hung out a bit but we ended up getting chicken tenders to go and went to retriever brewing for lobster rolls and a few beers.  

I was today years old when I knew there was a brewery in Orefield. 

56 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

WOW!!

Ridge did you see Oz get in the chair with patrol and then he was told they weren’t loading the public yet and his buddies had to back it up and skipped a couple chairs and I kept yelling Go Go Go and the one told me to shut up and then I was asking Oz why he’s standing on the wood.  I loved the fuckery.  

I forgot the guys name but the Maryland liftee made a buddy last week and he came over to the row and was trying to buy a beer for $3 and I just gave him one and he drove up from Virginia and just started riding in 2021 in Colorado while working for the civilian corps.  He said he has like 24 days lifetime and was at Blue 4 times this season.  He might join PASR so another snowboarder and he was talking about his wrecks and shit…and he has some padding but sheesh Razors was beautiful earlier. Only topped by the fresh pow on it a month ago but that was only for one run. 

Im pretty stoked Blue is gonna have yet another opening day Friday..and then Saturday I might even put down the $69 or whatever for the down payment on next years season pass.  The clock is ticking on Jackson hole sponsoring me.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was today years old when I knew there was a brewery in Orefield. 

You would think a brewery in Orefield would be empty but the place is packed every weekend.   They don't just allow dogs, they're encouraged.  My daughter kept asking me to go get more beer so we could pet some dogs

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ridge did you see Oz get in the chair with patrol and then he was told they weren’t loading the public yet and his buddies had to back it up and skipped a couple chairs and I kept yelling Go Go Go and the one told me to shut up and then I was asking Oz why he’s standing on the wood.  I loved the fuckery.  

Oh we saw it. He didn’t seem to happy about it. Lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Did you guys try to lift that car? I bet it takes less PASRs to lift that old car compared to my Chevrolet Sonic. 

Nah but it only weighs 3600 pounds which was less than I thought. The sonic like 2700 pounds if we had @DiMe and @indiggio to help we could have lifted it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Today was exponentially better than i thought it was gonna be. I almost had myself talked into not going hearing the wind overnight thinking it would be a hill full of ice.  

i cant figure blue mountain out at all. The one day they knew it was gonna be max occupancy, they run one lift. Then they blow a whole bunch of snow 2 days before it monsoons, at the end of the season, and then they announce another weekend. I hope they wont make the lift mistake again, but i certainly do enjoy the extended season. 

• Like 6