Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Still a lot of base, a week from now they can use the snow from the terrain parks to fill in the holes lol.  This weekend should be good spring skiing 

Yall worry to much.  Todays rain damage will be erased the next two nights.

Screenshot_20240228_213245_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everyday next week looks like nice weather in terms of sunshine. High of 64 Wednesday and high of 67 on Thursday for Allentown. Sheesh. 

This is grate. Time to bring out your tropical plants and animals. I blame the groundhog, Al Gore, and Chy-na.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good timing for your Utah trip although you’re gonna miss the season passholder party.  I actually RSVP’d just in case I feel like attending. 

It's gonna be 50 degrees in Utah all week supposebly, but I guess there might be some leftover perder out there. I probably wouldn't have attended the season passholder party.

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's gonna be 50 degrees in Utah all week supposebly, but I guess there might be some leftover perder out there. I probably wouldn't have attended the season passholder party.

When I go on a ski trip, first of all I’m happy to be away from work, I’m happy to be skiing many days in a row and conveniently staying pretty close to the slopes…I’m happy to eat at all kinds of different restaurants..I’m happy to be skiing big mountain terrain……if there’s powder great…but it’s never really expected…the weather changes..last year in Jh, atomic Jeff didn’t even bring his fattest skis cause it wasn’t supposed to snow much and it snowed three and a half feet in like 36 hours.  

Also try to get a day in at powder mountain..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Getting a huge upslope storm that is favoring the front range. Eldora go 30” overnight and has a message they are closed today due to many snow slides on the shelf access road. Winter Park got about  14”. I70 closed in both directions. We only go about 3” here but got my morning text that Snowmass canyon has chain laws in effect. That stretch always a mess in bad weather. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Barb said:

Getting a huge upslope storm that is favoring the front range. Eldora go 30” overnight and has a message they are closed today due to many snow slides on the shelf access road. Winter Park got about  14”. I70 closed in both directions. We only go about 3” here but got my morning text that Snowmass canyon has chain laws in effect. That stretch always a mess in bad weather. 

Maybe road trip it to Eldora this weekend and see some of your boulder buddies. 

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

@Barb thinking about an AZ / CO trip next year. Durango is only 5 hours from Flagstaff. Purgatory is on the same pass as Snowbowl and Telluride is 5:45. Not sure how close that is to you. 

Sent you a pm 

9 hours ago, Barb said:

Go west young storm 😀 

Will be at Beaver in 2 weeks 😎 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Go west young storm 😀 

Will be at Beaver in 2 weeks 😎 

Did you ever ski the birds of prey downhill course at Beaver creek?  I did not from the official start cause that required a different lift but from about 3/4 up and it was mostly moguls and relentless.  Good stair step terrain there…bring SPF 70+

On 3/14/2024 at 9:52 AM, RidgeRacer said:

@Barb thinking about an AZ / CO trip next year. Durango is only 5 hours from Flagstaff. Purgatory is on the same pass as Snowbowl and Telluride is 5:45. Not sure how close that is to you. 

I did that trip years ago, purg is worth a visit and Durango has a super dope Nepalese place called Himalayan Kitchen. Get the yak shi momo for sure. 

The drive from Silverton to Quray is redonk redonk, like pull over every 10 mins and look at shit. Telluride is soooooo pretty and by setup one of the coolest ski towns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1