Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Just now, theprogram4 said:

I know this is weird and I should be only concerned with Pocono snowfall, but I’m getting nervous as shit the significant snow will miss Philly area.  It’s been years since a good snowfall down here.  That ice/sleet line is scaring me

I hope Philly gets shit on with a massive snow dump. I love the pictures of city streets down to one lane because of nowhere to put the snow.

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I hope Philly gets shit on with a massive snow dump. I love the pictures of city streets down to one lane because of nowhere to put the snow.

Yes! I love the general chaos of a snowstorm.  Obviously want it in the mountains more, but snow everywhere is awesome.

(TP4 gets his wish, gets snowed in Thursday morning, and can’t get to blue til afternoon lolololol)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

Enough snow to open blue 100%?

Is the valley even open yet?

Trying to clear work schedule to get to the catskills Thursday but seems unlikely.  Maybe friday.

This is the kind of storm Coming Soon has been waiting for

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Does anyone know if it still has exposed rebar?

I don’t think so. We were talking about this in the lot on Saturday and the general consensus was to let someone else go first and find out. 

It would be boner city if blue actually removed them and the trail was in play for the first time. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

36 minutes ago, tnt said:

Trying to clear work schedule to get to the catskills Thursday but seems unlikely.  Maybe friday.

Unlikely. I think its going to be fairly cold when it snows, so it will be good snow to ski in, but not great for anything that doesnt have any base already. A foot of light snow wont really pack dow to much. Honestly, the best thing might be a foot of the heaviest snow possible for base making. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I don’t think so. We were talking about this in the lot on Saturday and the general consensus was to let someone else go first and find out. 

It would be boner city if blue actually removed them and the trail was in play for the first time. 

I think it was 2 seasons ago they advertised that trail as being in play with natural snow...seemed like a super duper liability 

I know this is weird and I should be only concerned with Pocono snowfall, but I’m getting nervous as shit the significant snow will miss Philly area.  It’s been years since a good snowfall down here.  That ice/sleet line is scaring me

Either way "action news" will act as if the storm is of apocalyptic proportions and compel every resident of the Delaware Valley run for the supermarkets too stock up on bread and milk.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Either way "action news" will act as if the storm is of apocalyptic proportions and compel every resident of the Delaware Valley run for the supermarkets too stock up on bread and milk.

Well they wont be getting toilet paper and paper towels. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Blue would never and could never open 100% on natural snowfall but it would give the snowmakers a nice headstart.  Blue isn’t mad river glen..too much random crap to cover up like waterbars and cement rebar 

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

i learned the hard way a few years ago to always stock up on gallon jugs in the event of a power outage.

can't flush if there's no power to the well pump.

poopy pump will need power at some point too, unless your system is in ground VS above ground.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Plenty of TP available around here. I've been home so much this year that I'm going to have to get my septic pumped more often. My lack of work shits are costing me valuable TP.

tenor-120848449.gif.f5243260ad2d51b257b9f85bceab0ac5.gif

i was amazed at the amount of TP i used when i was home in April.  Most of my "business" is done at work.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Benm said:

i learned the hard way a few years ago to always stock up on gallon jugs in the event of a power outage.

can't flush if there's no power to the well pump.

I keep a few of those water cooler jugs from Home Depot in the basement just for that occasion.

We catch downspout water in the warmer storms just in case we lose power then too.

Guess you could fill some 5 gallon pails with snow and bring them in to melt for free water as well.

Edited by indiggio

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

I think it was 2 seasons ago they advertised that trail as being in play with natural snow...seemed like a super duper liability 

I think they pulled up the rebar and environmental hay thingies.

I remember that one storm a few years back some actually went down it with the rebar and hay still in place.
Talk about dangerous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

I think they pulled up the rebar and environmental hay thingies.

I remember that one storm a few years back some actually went down it with the rebar and hay still in place.
Talk about dangerous.

I think this is right. If I remember correctly it was removed at some point last season. I'm really excited that this 40th anniversary trail will be ready for the 50th in a few years.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I think this is right. If I remember correctly it was removed at some point last season. I'm really excited that this 40th anniversary trail will be ready for the 50th in a few years.

I think that pulling the rebar and hay is the reason they blew up a water line under the valley lodge.

They wanted to water new grass seed on Coming Soon, so they decided to fire up the water line to spray it and BOOM, flooded the lodge, which is why the sport shop moved and they built the tuning center wing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2