Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

I hate dealing with all the bullshit winter problems every year. Otherwise I don't mind the cold or snow.

Welcome to the club.

Woke up this morning to a 55' house.  Single digit temps and low (50%) on propane (thanks stealer for not delivering before cold snap) for enough pressure and so the backup furnace wouldn't kick on. 

Fired up the gas fireplace, switched over to heat pump (fat lot of good that was doing) and called stealer for emergency delivery.

Winter's headaches but you get to go skiing which makes it all worthwhile!

Edited by indiggio

7 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Welcome to the club.

Woke up this morning to a 55' house.  Single digit temps and low (50%) on propane (thanks stealer for not delivering before cold snap) for enough pressure 

Borrow Saltys heating blanket and wrap it around the tank and a regular blanket around that to warm up the tank . 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Welcome to the club.

Woke up this morning to a 55' house.  Single digit temps and low (50%) on propane (thanks stealer for not delivering before cold snap) for enough pressure and so the backup furnace wouldn't kick on. 

Fired up the gas fireplace, switched over to heat pump (fat lot of good that was doing) and called stealer for emergency delivery.

Winter's headaches but you get to go skiing which makes it all worthwhile!

After 7 hours of work which involved crawling under my trailer, no hot water, blow torching pipes, carrying heavy ass 150,000 btu heaters, opening frozen gas tank door on car, experiencing extreme aggravation and cursing, buying heat tape, wrapping pipes with heat tape, and likely $400 bill for plumber, there better be some damn good skiing this winter. Or it's not worthwhile.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, saltyant said:

After 7 hours of work which involved crawling under my trailer, blow torching pipes, carrying heavy ass 150,000 btu heaters, opening frozen gas tank door on car, experiencing extreme aggravation, and likely $300 bill for plumber, there better be some damn good skiing this winter. Or it's not worthwhile.

Did you get the heat working?

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Yes. A family friend came over and we unfroze it. There is still water in the tank probably so I don't know what the solution is

Take off the filter and drain it out. Just pretend you’re checking your aircraft’s fuel 😁

Make sure you bleed the air 

Edited by AirheadD8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

After 7 hours of work which involved crawling under my trailer, no hot water, blow torching pipes, carrying heavy ass 150,000 btu heaters, opening frozen gas tank door on car, experiencing extreme aggravation and cursing, buying heat tape, wrapping pipes with heat tape, and likely $400 bill for plumber, there better be some damn good skiing this winter. Or it's not worthwhile.

Should've strapped your gopro on, I'd have watched that. 

Edit - I reread that and was wondering if there was a contraction for 'I'd have' that was valid. Apparently it looks like I'd've is. So I am noting that here and will be using it in future writing. 

I'd've watched it. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Allentown temperature= 60

Mount Pocono = 53

Scranton = 60

Binghamton = 56

Saranac lake = 35 and rain

Montreal Canada = 35…gotta got to Quebec City to get snowmaking temps at 30 degrees a measly 9 hours north.  

Phoenix is 65

Flagstaff is 34 I’m guessing PaRidge needs a light jacket tonight.  

Up in Boulder it’s 32 and 16 degrees up in Silverthorne..ABasin has finished snowmaking for the season.  Their water lease ends 12/31 but Mother Nature will power them through until June or July. 

Up in Jackson it’s 21 degrees and Bozeman is a mild 26. Jackson is usually colder than Bozeman despite being south due to less urban heat/lack of an interstate and being 1500 feet higher.  Whitefish is 27 degrees and again another 1500 feet lower than Bozeman.  Every 100 feet of elevation gained cancels out being many miles farther north.  That’s why the southern Appalachian mountains receive more annual snowfall than many New England cities.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Anyone else feeling like the best bet for skiing this weekend in the PA/NJ/Catskills region is Big Snow?

If you’re a total condition snob and don’t mind skiing a bunny hill.  I think most here except gapers like you are skilled enough to handle a little ice and sugar.   

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

What's the cost analysis on a trip there?

Not worth it even with my 50% off coupon. But not sure driving anywhere I can ski free will be worth it either, and neither will buying a ticket anywhere else within 4 hrs best as I can tell. Would anyone say what Blue is offering now would be worth the $158+ they are charging for Sat or Sun?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not worth it even with my 50% off coupon. But not sure driving anywhere I can ski free will be worth it either, and neither will buying a ticket anywhere else within 4 hrs best as I can tell. Would anyone say what Blue is offering now would be worth the $158+ they are charging for Sat or Sun?

How is being able to ski for free not worth it?  I don’t think I’ve ever had a ski day when it wasn’t worth it.  It was worth it skiing earlier in the rain and the fog.  If you don’t have a season pass and want to ski tomorrow Blue is worth the $120 they’re charging.  There’s a lot of worse things you can spend $120 on..sheesh a Bruce Springfield concert is more than that.  

51 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How is being able to ski for free not worth it?  I don’t think I’ve ever had a ski day when it wasn’t worth it.  It was worth it skiing earlier in the rain and the fog.  If you don’t have a season pass and want to ski tomorrow Blue is worth the $120 they’re charging.  There’s a lot of worse things you can spend $120 on..sheesh a Bruce Springfield concert is more than that.  

Do you have a buddy pass for @Ski2Live Live2Ski? Then we can all ski Blue for free and it will be so radical

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cause gas, tolls, miles on a car are not free and time spent driving is a factor too. I don't live 30 min / 20 miles from a ski hill like many of you do.

4 hr RTrip to Frost, 4.5 to RTop, 5.5 to Hunter are my choices. Gotta be decent to make it worthwhile. Will see based on tomorrow's reports if I decide to go for it Sunday.

Not asking anyone for a handout, but would be more likely to make Sunday a Blue day if it were free rather than $158 (not sure where you saw 120).

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Boner City 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Cause gas, tolls, miles on a car are not free and time spent driving is a factor too. I don't live 30 min from a ski hill like many of you do.

I feel like most of the blue regulars live an hour to an hour and a half away.  One option might be to go north like to  Canada.  When you factor in the current exchange rate, you get a real bargain. Also corned beef sangs in Montreal are like 50% of what they are in the Philly-NYC region.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Cause gas, tolls, miles on a car are not free and time spent driving is a factor too. I don't live 30 min / 20 miles from a ski hill like many of you do.

4 hr RTrip to Frost, 4.5 to RTop, 5.5 to Hunter are my choices. Gotta be decent to make it worthwhile. Will see based on tomorrow's reports if I decide to go for it Sunday.

Not asking anyone for a handout, but would be more likely to make Sunday a Blue day if it were free rather than $158 (not sure where you saw 120).

$110 for Sunday, jump on it!

image.thumb.png.478c3ff1505cb732630e980c9bbf77b9.png

• Like 1
  • Boner City 2
  • Haha 2