Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@Ski2Live Live2Ski Do you have an Indy Pass or are you in the market for one? You should perform a cost benefit analysis of skiing at Greek Peak while performing snow depth analysis metrics and cost of fuel burned per second.

No time for Greek this weekend. Have events planned for Friday and Sunday nights. Will be skiing Shawnee with girls. Won't be all that awesome but will beat not skiing. Hope to hit GP later in Skison.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I didn't get any snow but got a crappy pile of soggy heavy back braking dog shit pukey slush.

Did your cats help you with the shoveling?  I used to shovel at my parents house and I was a nice guy and let the agnostic cocker spaniel run around but she’d just get in my way but I would still say thanks for helping. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

Not real pleased by the deluge followed by deep freeze forecast to kick off holiday weekend. Bagged plans for Stowe Sat-Sun then Okemo Mon. May skip Sat altogether and do Sun at Okemo (no crowds for bubble lifts on Xmas) and Mon either there or Snow.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

The forecast looks terrible. I'll probably toss a night sesh in tomorrow evening before the rains kick in. Conditions Saturday morning should be a blast (sarcasm there of course)

At least with those weekend temps they should be able to really crush some snowmaking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

Anyone been to Elk ? Thinking of a quick trip tomorrow. 

It's like going to Vermont, without the drive.

We end up there after President's Day thanks to a free pass from the Warren Miller Film when it is at NCC. Always a good time even with the slower lifts.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

10"+ the last two storms. Slopes excellent powder conditions, no ice anywhere. Opening more slopes almost daily. Blowing Delaware, TP, Slalom, Lenape, Schuylkill, and Mahican. Quad is supposed to open Thursday,  although they were grooming lower Tunkhannock and the snowbowl yesterday so it may open today. No crowds.. bar's open beer's cold...

Edit.. the Herminator said there were a couple of icy spots on upper Tunk..

Edited by rummy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Serious question about Elk. How's the wifi in the lodge? Are there any spots where I could realistically bring a laptop and take a work call or two? I have a free ticket for Wednesday January 4th but don't want to use a vacation day on Elk when I'll need them for Colorado. 

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Serious question about Elk. How's the wifi in the lodge? Are there any spots where I could realistically bring a laptop and take a work call or two? I have a free ticket for Wednesday January 4th but don't want to use a vacation day on Elk when I'll need them for Colorado. 

Yes , I just asked at information desk. 

4 hours ago, Schif said:

Bring your phone too and tether, in places where wifi sucks you can often get two bars at least which is enough to run teams with video.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Schif said:

Yes free WIFI... Many peeps .."working from home"

• Like 2

Just now, Barb said:

Weather is nuts here. Went from 43 to 11 while I was in getting a haircut. Absolutely dumping snow right now. 

I’m driving to Virginia to see family Friday and everywhere the high is 50+ and the low is like eleventeen. It’s weird wild stuff.  In college I had a T shirt that said,”Vermont if you don’t like the weather wait five minutes” it was a big hit with the ladies