Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

There's also a fuel stabilizer used in diesel engines that can be added to the tank to prevent jelling of the fuel. I add it to my JD tractor every winter and to my extra fuel jugs.

I saw some additive that can be added to a already frozen fuel supply. Ask at NAPA.

Good LUCK...

11 minutes ago, rummy said:

@saltyant  more ideas..  An electric blanket?

Next time fill your tank with diesel fuel which should (this time of year) have the anti-jelling additives. Much more expensive, but sure beats not having any heat. OR add the stabilizer at every kerosene fill up.

Do you get the kero delivered?

Kero has a way lower gel temp than diesel.  years ago when diesel didnt have anti gel additives, truck drivers used to put kero in with diesel to help this.  Add enough, and you could get flames to shoot out the pipes.  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Kero has a way lower gel temp than diesel.  years ago when diesel didnt have anti gel additives, truck drivers used to put kero in with diesel to help this.  Add enough, and you could get flames to shoot out the pipes.  

Sounds like Salty has a condensation issue? Maybe some water in the lines freezing up? 

2 hours ago, rummy said:

@saltyant  more ideas..  An electric blanket?

Next time fill your tank with diesel fuel which should (this time of year) have the anti-jelling additives. Much more expensive, but sure beats not having any heat. OR add the stabilizer at every kerosene fill up.

Do you get the kero delivered?

Thanks, we dealt with this all winter last year and I put in diesel 911 but it didnt resolve the problem. One plumber says the pipe must be moved higher since it's in the ground which will cost $2-$3 grand while another says that's not the problem. 

I can try an electric blanket next. We had kerosene delivered and filled the tank in the spring so moisture wouldn't build, so that was useless since it happens every single time it gets to 0 and then I have to pay a company $500.

When I move I am NOT dealing with kerosene anymore.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, we dealt with this all winter last year and I put in diesel 911 but it didnt resolve the problem. One plumber says the pipe must be moved higher since it's in the ground which will cost $2-$3 grand while another says that's not the problem. 

I can try an electric blanket next. We had it delivered and filled the tank in the spring so moisture wouldn't build, so that was useless.

When I move I am NOT dealing with kerosene anymore.

Are you pipes gonna freeze?