the pics from today thread

Justin

33 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Hate that damn place.  Been stuck here for the past 15 hours on a double shift :censored:

Walked around Manhattan yesterday for a few hours after skiing at the store. How can you hate that place with the crowds, high prices, traffic, and randos yelling? I love The Big Apple.

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Walked around Manhattan yesterday for a few hours after skiing at the store. How can you hate that place with the crowds, high prices, traffic, and randos yelling? I love The Big Apple.

Still waiting on your season opening day at Big Snow TR. 🙃

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DiMe said:

Still waiting on your season opening day at Big Snow TR. 🙃

Drove to Dirty Jersey. Got pissed looking for ski slope in shopping mall. Dug out phone twice to pull up QR code while juggling ski gear. Got irritated with inefficient check in process. Thought blue wrist band thingy was dumb. Sat on floor to boot up due to crowds occupying benches. Shredded the gnar radically. Talked to cute snowboarder chick on ski lift. Forgot to get digits. Tackled steep run on left, and steep run on right. Repeated. Stood in a line. Left. Watched vultures hovering over my parking spot while slowly stowing ski gear. Paid five dollah to leave. Was totally amazing and best indoor ski day ever.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

No game. Dropped my oldest at the airport then took my middle and her friend into the city. Just visited the 911 memorial which is pretty intense 

IMG_20231126_110858_HDR~2.jpg

Always wanted to check that out. Everyone I know who’s gone to it has said it’s a surreal experience and really puts things into perspective. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Always wanted to check that out. Everyone I know who’s gone to it has said it’s a surreal experience and really puts things into perspective. 

Some time after 911 we were working at JFK airport, and that is were they took all the taxis, cop cars, fire trucks, big parts of the towers themselves, etc.....the inspector working with us, took us over there.  If you want to put something into perspective, you should have seen that.  Its not something going away any time soon.  Burned out vehicles, twisted steel, ladder trucks with the ladder half melted off of them.....and it wasnt just like a few vehicles.  it was rows of them.  

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

It's pretty powerful (and emotional) especially in the areas where no cameras are allowed. So many people there yet so quiet and somber. I got a lot of questions from my teenage daughter and her friend that I had to attempt to explain. It's funny because I saw a few other parents doing the same and struggling with it like I was. Where and how it's built is truly incredible and they really do honor those lost in a proper fashion. When we left I just wanted to hug someone.

On a completely different note I really wanted to hit the observation deck at liberty tower but fiddy bucks a pop seemed a bit excessive. I'm not about splitting cocoas in any way shape or form but $150 to ride an elevator seemed pretty excessive to me.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, saltyant said:

Drove to Dirty Jersey. Got pissed looking for ski slope in shopping mall. Dug out phone twice to pull up QR code while juggling ski gear. Got irritated with inefficient check in process. Thought blue wrist band thingy was dumb. Sat on floor to boot up due to crowds occupying benches. Shredded the gnar radically. Talked to cute snowboarder chick on ski lift. Forgot to get digits. Tackled steep run on left, and steep run on right. Repeated. Stood in a line. Left. Watched vultures hovering over my parking spot while slowly stowing ski gear. Paid five dollah to leave. Was totally amazing and best indoor ski day ever.

Did you have lunch at Mr beast burger? I can see you being into Mr Beast Salty

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's pretty powerful (and emotional) especially in the areas where no cameras are allowed. So many people there yet so quiet and somber. I got a lot of questions from my teenage daughter and her friend that I had to attempt to explain. It's funny because I saw a few other parents doing the same and struggling with it like I was. Where and how it's built is truly incredible and they really do honor those lost in a proper fashion. When we left I just wanted to hug someone.

On a completely different note I really wanted to hit the observation deck at liberty tower but fiddy bucks a pop seemed a bit excessive. I'm not about splitting cocoas in any way shape or form but $150 to ride an elevator seemed pretty excessive to me.

Why is it hard to explain?  There are a lot of people that hate America and our way of life.  Is that $50 per person for elevator or $150 each?  Still a lot 

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did you have lunch at Mr beast burger? I can see you being into Mr Beast Salty

I watch his videos sometimes. They can be rad, especially when he says Pew Die Pie 100,000 times in a row. I didn't know that was a thing at the mall, now I'll have to go back for a Mr Beast steezeburger. TFTI

Edited by saltyant

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why is it hard to explain?  There are a lot of people that hate America and our way of life.  Is that $50 per person for elevator or $150 each?  Still a lot 

WJW, back in my day it was only $35 per person to ride up the elevator. I only charge three fiddy for plane rides up the Hudson River.

Screenshot_20231127-1635532.thumb.png.e3bd9e0f79839c8f2739ea00605e4a17.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I watch his videos sometimes. They can be rad, especially when he says Pew Die Pie 100,000 times in a row. I didn't know that was a thing at the mall, now I'll have to go back for a Mr Beast steezeburger. TFTI

They have Mr. beast burgers other places.  My friend took her kid to the one in the montgomeryville mall.  

• 3 weeks later...