First Gear Purchase for 2012/2013 Season

Ride Delaware ?

rough life.

I was thinking the same thing...Kragan and I have similar incomes, but I have a wife and three kids, so I cant drop a grand at lunch anymore.

It is a rough life. I was struggling with the mental anguish caused by franken superstorm Sandy and the only way to drag myself out of the deepest of depressions was to purchase the skis.

• Like 1

Montana machine

Will try to post some pictures, pretty much up and running as of last night. Now we can base grind, edge work, base weld, sidewall fix etc etc.

Now all I gotta do is get a rotto cork, my skis won't know what the fuck is up previous to this endeavour they got a tune once every 5 years unless I dry docked them and then it was throw down some ptex and roll out.

Montana machine

Will try to post some pictures, pretty much up and running as of last night. Now we can base grind, edge work, base weld, sidewall fix etc etc.

Now all I gotta do is get a rotto cork, my skis won't know what the fuck is up previous to this endeavour they got a tune once every 5 years unless I dry docked them and then it was throw down some ptex and roll out.

you legitimately have your own montana now? you just made jeff's setup look like amateur hour.

• Like 2

Montana machine

Awesome, where did you get said machine from?

That is behind my uncles machine shop in rofo, its three phase so I would have to get an electrician out to run shit to my house so for the time being we just use it there.

I have some good friends who run some shops and one told me at the end of last year they were going to scrap some machines they pretty much never used. Buddy called me and my cousin a few months back and said if we paid 300$ to get it freighted it was ours, done deal.

Its older but pretty much unused, the belts didn't even have wax on them, with a little TLC fucker runs great. Base work is stupid simple now we just have to figure out how to sharpen edges, it came with this guide plate but it doesn't work as well as we would like. Think we are going to rig up a spring system.

Excellent pick up.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass and uploaded a microscopic picture

post-2025-0-86661200-1352998226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Fits great with my 2005 Giro fuse. I bought AFrames before off of T Maki in 2006 and they were good for 4 years..they don't fog like Smiths

like i said, NEW helmets. paint the fuse white with red spots and you'll look like toad from mariokart. i'd be very surprised if that helmet hasn't taken a few hits and isn't due to be replaced.