2013/2014 New Equipment Thread

RootDKJ

Mounting your own shit and waxing should be a requisite once you've skied a certain number of days in your life. Maybe edge work too but that can really fuck up your day if you screw it up.

There was a dude on TGR selling a custom jig with various removable plates, Look/Rossi, Solly, Dynafit and Marker. I picked one up and they work fantastic, if you can't find a shop jig Jordan check the tech talk he may still have some.

I've mounted skis with paper jigs before. Its easy, and I can do it just fine. However, I just prefer to spend the $15 - $20 to have someone else be on the hook if they screw up the mount.

Clearly not talking about ski tuning.

Montana cans aren't really necessary for bombing cause half your shit will be buffed within a week. Rusto flats are classic and preferred cans of most bombers

It's like $25 here.. Heck, right on the mountain, it's $29. Cheaper in town. Edited by sibhusky

it's more like $75 these days on the EC....ridiculous.

Jesus...

Standard rate at most shops here is $25-$30, but I can usually get that down to about $15-20 if I look for a coupon

Around here, REI will mount bindings for members for $25, but it takes about a decade for them to do the work.

Around here, REI will mount bindings for members for $25, but it takes about a decade for them to do the work.

interesting...doesn't really help me though...nearest REI to me is the REI nearest you I think. I guess I'll just keep buying Justo beer...it's a better deal :)

that is the best deal, because usually you can consume some of those as well.

I mounted the Bacons at REI for $25. They told me two weeks but then they were ready in 3 days. I also had a core shot repair/ full tune done on the Jet Fuels and XC skis mounted all in 3 days.

I'll use REI again and still share beer with Justo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...