Zee Lights

skifreak

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

A lot less difference for me 

3:40 RT to Blue or Cbk

4:00 RT to JF or RTop

5:30 RT to Hunter

Given my strong preference for Catskill skiing it is often worth it to go to Hunter - particularly with option of going for 2 days and staying at Snowed Inn 10 minutes away for $70

Take it to the Hunter forum. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Seniors skiing is actually saving the sport right now.  They’re the people with the most money and free time. 

And cheapest passes. Heard a couple complain today that their pass got a $20 raise to $80 something. Hope they won't have to pull extra money out of their IRAs to pay for it. Otherwise they may need to pay income tax on it as well, which may make skiing totally unaffordable for them.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, eaf said:

And cheapest passes. Heard a couple complain today that their pass got a $20 raise to $80 something. Hope they won't have to pull extra money out of their IRAs to pay for it. Otherwise they may need to pay income tax on it as well, which may make skiing totally unaffordable for them.

I saw that on Facebook as well. People questioned why the big increase.  Personally I think giving seniors a discount is good but maybe like 10-20%…I know at Bridger bowl they raised the age of the free season pass from 70 to 80 because there are so many 70 something skiers.  Elderly folks are the people with the most money.

3 hours ago, mute1080 said:

I'd be happy to show him my medical prescription

I told him and he gives a shpeel about Blue being private property and even if it goes rec they still wont allow it.  Then he goes on about how med law in PA says it must stay at home bla bla and you can get a DUI for it bla bla.  Happen two or three times now he always opens with "I'm not busting ya but I gotta say put it out......."

I countered with I think the bars has all you described well handled and Blue makes a killing on it.  He just shrugged with no sensible rebutle 🤣

Edited by DiMe

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh yeah?? Details. He’s a nice guy to me and the PASRs but I don’t know if he has the composure to deal with rich entitled skiers from the tri state area.  Working security at dorney where it’s a lot of teenage hood boogers is different. 

Details above

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

We call that one guard in particular "Paul Blart".  He's the only one that gives those heavy rent a cop ego vibes, the others dont seem to give a shit.

He runs shit at Dorney..and before cedar crest college..when somebody was flying a drone above Barbs way, he was on it right away.  What I’m saying is call a spade a spade but he’s a friend to PASR..and so are the ski instructors riding the long golf carts with noobs around..they’re excited for Johnny law to return from Utah.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I mean he’s right..shit can be really loud..vapes are better for discretion.  Gotta stay on security guys good side he shoots the shit with us more early and late season when not much is happening and he wears yak traks attached to his shoes.  

Not saying he's wrong and I'm not on his bad side.  Each time has been a peaceful conversation of the exact same lol.  He could just go the other way like the rest of em.  I'm old school I still like to burn down some bones in the lot.  Vape for the lift.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup he wrote up an incident report but still like I said about discretion 

It's funny though how Killington encourages you to smoke your joints innthe parking lot 🤣.  Signs everywhere "smoking in parking lot only please".

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He runs shit at Dorney..and before cedar crest college..when somebody was flying a drone above Barbs way, he was on it right away.  What I’m saying is call a spade a spade but he’s a friend to PASR..and so are the ski instructors riding the long golf carts with noobs around..they’re excited for Johnny law to return from Utah.  

He’s always been nice to us. He likes free snacks, too. 

• Like 3

Cracks me up…meanwhile there’s more alcohol consumed on the lifts at blue mountain daily than there is at a St. Patrick’s day parade in Boston and they don’t enforce that. They just put giant trash cans out to accommodate it. At least be consistent.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Cracks me up…meanwhile there’s more alcohol consumed on the lifts at blue mountain daily than there is at a St. Patrick’s day parade in Boston and they don’t enforce that. They just put giant trash cans out to accommodate it. At least be consistent.

They can’t enforce that, it’s out of sight. 

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Won't be long, he's moving down to the Carolinas, giving up security and looking for a heavy machinery job soon or so he says.

Excellent.  He'll surely make like 4x+ the salary doing that.  Shouldn't have waited so long.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 6:51 AM, Benm said:

saw that too. also thought wording was vague. 

indoor waterpark access is a big add-on. i just went looking for it, but it's gone. a year or two ago they were selling full / partial season passes (3mo at a time). they were $$$$$$$$. struggling to find the rate somewhere.

archive org isn't really cooperating, but here was that landing page 

On 2/20/2024 at 9:17 PM, DiMe said:

Bruhh why dont I see First tracks in the Camelback perks!  They better not do away with that.

Detailed list of inclusions posted. First tracks is listed for Camelback. Full pass for outdoor waterpark, discounts only for indoor. 5 buddy passes is nice. Nice that at Blue it seems to include 2 summer tickets for adventure park, bike park, laser tag and lift ride, each, instead of choose 2 tickets for any of these activities.

https://www.skibluemt.com/poconos-pass/

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

36 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Detailed list of inclusions posted. First tracks is listed for Camelback. Full pass for outdoor waterpark, discounts only for indoor. 5 buddy passes is nice. Nice that at Blue it seems to include 2 summer tickets for adventure park, bike park, laser tag and lift ride, each, instead of choose 2 tickets for any of these activities.

https://www.skibluemt.com/poconos-pass/

honestly its not a bad deal for $200 more, especially if you're local to the area and can do all of the summer stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Benm said:

honestly its not a bad deal for $200 more, especially if you're local to the area and can do all of the summer stuff.

It is tempting to bump up to it for Walter and I. Would have to see what the child option is at Camel, the site only mentions contacting them for adding on child access, and their pass page isn't active yet. 

Even without adding any access for Grayson, 10 buddy passes between us would easily cover the days I would ski with them there. And then the summer tickets are likely shareable. I could take them up to the Camel waterpark a couple times in the summer and only have to buy one ticket. 

But on the other hand, we all had Dorney passes this past year, and I only went with them twice and their mother took them a couple more times, and that's far closer, lol. So it's a tough sell to myself to claim that we would actually motivate to make it up there in the summer. The Blue summer stuff would be easier, though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DiMe said:

Excellent.  He'll surely make like 4x+ the salary doing that.  Shouldn't have waited so long.

He's got massive small dick syndrome, he's got 400lbs of shit and like a plate carrier for the lot at blue. He looks to be out of shape with his big ass gut so already he ain't chasing shit but add in all his crap and he's like a security bag lady. 

He's nice enough but for sure is a 100% respect my authority type because that's literally all he has going in life.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1