Zee Lights

skifreak

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Correct, bear creek didn’t even bother to snow and it was plenty cold.  

What would be the point? They have no base down and anything they would have blown last night would likely be washed away with the rain the next two days 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It shows that Blue really goes all out compared to other areas.  

If Blue really went all out compared to other ski areas, we would be riding the Summit Safari Super Six Pack Supreme by now.  JFBB installed multiple lifts over the summer, fuck, even Toe could manage to get thiers done in time. 

They do put on a show with thier snowmaking though.  I think we all can agree they have some other areas of the business that could be fine tuned.  

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

If Blue really went all out compared to other ski areas, we would be riding the Summit Safari Super Six Pack Supreme by now.  JFBB installed multiple lifts over the summer, fuck, even Toe could manage to get thiers done in time. 

They do put on a show with thier snowmaking though.  I think we all can agree they have some other areas of the business that could be fine tuned.  

Everywhere has been slow with their new lifts.  Jackson holes new lift isn’t open yet and neither is Abasins new lift.  

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everywhere has been slow with their new lifts.  Jackson holes new lift isn’t open yet and neither is Abasins new lift.  

Comparing Blues lift, with access to both the base and summit VIA a parking lot, and an access road is kinda different than thunder at JH, and i assume Abasins lift isnt quite as accessable as Blues, is a little skewed, no?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Comparing Blues lift, with access to both the base and summit VIA a parking lot, and an access road is kinda different than thunder at JH, and i assume Abasins lift isnt quite as accessable as Blues, is a little skewed, no?

Just saying that Blue isn’t the only resort that took several months longer for delivery of their new lift.  

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:23 AM, JFskiDan said:

What's going to be really funny, given the near term forecast and Camel not having enough snow on top of the lazy river to open yet, is when the new lift at Blue opens before the new lift at Camel. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

heard the loudest bang of thunder in recent memory last night lol. ridge prob heard it too.

hopefully the cold comes soon.

i read that on FB this morning too.  The paranormal activity in the Poconos is off the charts.  

I think we need to wait at least a week for some sustained cold, but there are a few snowmaking oppurtunities before then, but i doubt it will be enough to get any new terrain open.  It would be sweet if they had something like the bottom of lazy covered that we could do a little up hill on.  It would certainly be a welcome break from skiing the same three trails.  

20 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Anything beyond 7 days is an educated guess at best but they can maintain a bit early next week and then hope it gets cold to push for more trails.

It's dec 7th and all that jazz but once the tip is in can you really not want to get deep up in it on switch or challenge ?

I wanna jazz my tip into switch and challenge.  

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I would bet that we will have another 1 1/2 ways down the mountain this weekend.  Decent amount of snowmaking temps over the next few days, and then of course it gets warm when the precipitation moves in.  

Very excited for this weekend. 

Commence Ullr sacrifices in 3...2....1.....

They are still blowing on lower main, lazy, midway and tubing and it almost has to be too warm.  Piles on lazy and lower are mid deep, it goes for sure this weekend. 

They resurfaced everything last night, upper dis was a mine field of cookies but the rest had a decent softness. BFG and crew said yesterday was le tits and forecasted a high likelihood of le tits tomorrow morning but today was a Ridge 10/ Jlaw 6 kinda snow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

They are still blowing on lower main, lazy, midway and tubing and it almost has to be too warm.  Piles on lazy and lower are mid deep, it goes for sure this weekend. 

They resurfaced everything last night, upper dis was a mine field of cookies but the rest had a decent softness. BFG and crew said yesterday was le tits and forecasted a high likelihood of le tits tomorrow morning but today was a Ridge 10/ Jlaw 6 kinda snow. 

Looking at the webcams it sure looked empty at Blue this morning.  WTGAI. I’ll either be back tomorrow or Thursday at opening.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Looking at the webcams it sure looked empty at Blue this morning.  WTGAI. I’ll either be back tomorrow or Thursday at opening.  

Nobody home,  total empty bleachers and seemed more like pre covid mornings with just the coffee crew. 

Someone said they have no ticket deals so people are staying away as the price isn't worth current conditions 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Nobody home,  total empty bleachers and seemed more like pre covid mornings with just the coffee crew. 

Someone said they have no ticket deals so people are staying away as the price isn't worth current conditions 

$65 to ski 3 trails for 90 minutes, that's bananas. If they had a Blue light special like K-Mart perhaps their supply and demand would reach equilibrium.

• Like 1