Zee Lights

skifreak

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is closing today at 4pm until thursday morning.  This is a humdinger of January thaws.  Long lasting, lots of rain, fog and serious overnight warmth.  I think blue will just barely able to survive this and the recovery will be slow.  

All this rain will be great for the snowmaking retention ponds

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh Yeah!!!!  I just hope things are back in shape for Martin Luther king day.  It’s a tradition for rich white people to celebrate black history by skiing. 

I'm pretty stoked for skiing. My biking friend helped me wax and edge my skis and now they ski radical. I bet I can even keep up with Toast and JFDan now. Too bad there might not be any perder left soon

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice was that Jim that helped you?

No, actually Jim's friend Alan who is coming to Breck with us this year. We have a Hazleton area area cycling/skiing posse going though @TeleJim lives in Danielsville and drives to Hazleton to bike with the group occasionally.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

No, actually Jim's friend Alan who is coming to Breck with us this year. We have a Hazleton area area cycling/skiing posse going though @TeleJim lives in Danielsville and drives to Hazleton to bike with the group occasionally.

Nice I noticed Jim changed his screen name here. Other screen name suggest could be SlimJim and JustJK lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is closing today at 4pm until thursday morning.  

Elk is closing Wednesday. WVIA ski day is being postponed. 

Blue definitely has some thin spots on some trails but they are likely in better shape than some of the other resorts in PA. I wonder how they are going to hold up. 

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Schif said:

Blue definitely has some thin spots on some trails but they are likely in better shape than some of the other resorts in PA. I wonder how they are going to hold up. 

I think they’ll lose like 1/2-2/3 of their base.  They should make it but be very thin this weekend. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Schif said:

I’m happy about that in a selfish way I had an invite for tomorrow but was going to bail because of the rain . 

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think they’ll lose like 1/2-2/3 of their base.  They should make it but be very thin this weekend. 

Weather.com and Accuweather show some snowmaking temps starting Sunday night.  Weatherbug says a little tickle on Sunday night, then keep waiting.  All three use different weather models, so i say we have a 75% of overnight snowmaking starting Sunday night.  

Getting through this coming weekend could be rough.