1/7/2016....nom nom nom

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot around 1040am and it was 31 degrees under partly sunny sky's. There were a solid amount of cars in the lot and I managed to find a semi decent spot in the second row about 20 spots from the steps. Booting up I had that good feeling like woo hoo finally gonna ski again. I was a 2.5 layer player..underarmour, polo shirt and jacket. Stopped at the bathroom because nobody beats the wiz or nothing beats a wiz yuk yuk yuk.

Out on the snow decent winter condition on vista and midway then Main Street was cookie central. Very solid cookies at that..at the base there was no line for the Burma chair and a half corral for the Main Street chair so I took the Burma chair the whole sessions. Lazy mile was ok..some small cookies and some smooth sections. I can see it getting pretty slick later on as it gets more skied off. Lazy mile was pretty crazy with the majority of the people skiing it. I did manage a couple runs on lazy where there were some clear sections that I could haul ass on haha who am I kidding I hauled ass on lazy when it was packed full of people as well.

In addition to the weekday regular season pass people there were a lot of low level skiers and riders on rentals and learning taking some serious spills. I saw two goobers fall at the same time on a very slick chute. I skied the chute once and ended up skiing the freshie man made between chute and midway right between two mini cliffs..ok they were small rocks but cliff sounds more dramatic. Ended my session with more lazy mile action and my last run on lazy it was pretty empty. Felt good to be back on skis again despite the less than stellar conditions. Warmer temperatures and rain this weekend should improve the surface along with some grooming. I ended up leaving around 1230 and they were still blowing snow in a few spots including crossover, Burma and pioneer pass.

Ski everyone this weekend!!!

• Like 4

I got there for lineup, and it was pretty minimal.  First couple runs were right back on the lift.  The fluffer attachment didnt work quite like it was advertised.  Honestly, the slopes could have been filled with rocks, stumps and ice and i wouldnt have minded.  Felt really good to be back on the snow.  

Random pics.  Cookie city.  Lazy was fun.  

post-1753-0-37168300-1452197097_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-46120500-1452197150_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-29679500-1452197193_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-82071600-1452197214_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got there around 930, skied until about 130. Definitely needed cookie crumbler on Upper Main street. Lazy did soften up a bit. I am just happy to ski at this point. Went to Bear after that, was a bit disappointed, I thought they would have more open. Snow was nicer- not a cookie to be found. Park looked pretty good. They had a lot of features, and kids looked like they were having fun. I left around 6- place was getting packed. All in all, a great day.

• Like 1

No way they close Sunday.

wouldn't  be surprised if they do.

just got back from a quick evening session. it was alright. as expected. Jeff's parking lot beer was good. Met up with him, Justo, GSS, MBike, Indiggio. felt just like last year. 

Saw a car from NJ get stuck trying to drive down Shuttle - had to get towed out by a groomer. LOL.

1ebcf4c877599364d46a433c294f0e7a.jpg

• Like 6

wouldn't be surprised if they do.

just got back from a quick evening session. it was alright. as expected. Jeff's parking lot beer was good. Met up with him, Justo, GSS, MBike, Indiggio. felt just like last year.

Saw a car from NJ get stuck trying to drive down Shuttle - had to get towed out by a groomer. LOL.

How? Just how?

The car drove through the main street ski patrol parking lot and kept going...down shuttle.

We stopped to watch Jim Daily and another patroller (who asked if this would be on PASR, your wish came true) try to help out.  Eventually a groomer had to tow them out.  I think the car had NJ plates, too.

• Like 3

Got there around 930, skied until about 130. Definitely needed cookie crumbler on Upper Main street. Lazy did soften up a bit. I am just happy to ski at this point. Went to Bear after that, was a bit disappointed, I thought they would have more open. Snow was nicer- not a cookie to be found. Park looked pretty good. They had a lot of features, and kids looked like they were having fun. I left around 6- place was getting packed. All in all, a great day.

You are hardcore hitting two areas today!!!

wouldn't  be surprised if they do.just got back from a quick evening session. it was alright. as expected. Jeff's parking lot beer was good. Met up with him, Justo, GSS, MBike, Indiggio. felt just like last year. 

That is a real hermanshaker I wonder where the car was trying to go. Rays grill on skis isn't even open yet.

• Like 1