1/15/17..incredible snow and lots of PASRs

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at blue mountain the true mountain. On the drive up I stopped at the McDonald's on 145 and had a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin, hash brown and apple juice for $5.60. As I was pulling out I saw the Moe Tel with green Vermont plates. In the house wer JFBB Dan, Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, Slim, Moe Ghoul, Toast, George, VTMark, TP4, MBike Mike, Tarponhead, Matt Edge, Justo and many more.

Got first civilian 6-pack and first run on Challenge as razors was closed for races today. Challenge was very good. Nightmare to Dreamweaver was incredible groomed snow a carpet was good enough to ski about 5-6 times. Switchback was also pretty good don't tell anybody and Sidewinder was enjoyable

As a regular run and Matt edge lapped the fuck out of that. Lazy mile was alright and they are still blowing in the woods. Main Street was also nice soft packed powder. Crowds descended on blue mountain and no real lift lines until W around 10am.

The Peking lot ws fun with sunshine and good beer. I had a heady topper and other IPAs..was fun commaraderie...and a few went out for more runs. All in all was a fun time at blue mountain the true mountain. JADIP!!

J-Law had a good year last year. Y'all should chip in and buy him a hooker. Good to see the PASR crew, Blue did a fine job grooming and a little natural made the place look like winter. Maybe I'll get up there one more time before the season ends. Or we get a decent storm.

• Like 3

Was a beautiful day at Montage with 3 fresh natural inches and some fresh man made along with it. White Lightning, Boomer, Smoke and Rattler all left ungroomed. Got 26 runs in, each better that the last. It was as crowded as I have ever seen Montage, which meant that from 130 to 245 lines got as long as 5 minutes at times.

Was a beautiful day at Montage with 3 fresh natural inches and some fresh man made along with it. White Lightning, Boomer, Smoke and Rattler all left ungroomed. Got 26 runs in, each better that the last. It was as crowded as I have ever seen Montage, which meant that from 130 to 245 lines got as long as 5 minutes at times.

No montage reports in the blue thread...

• Like 2

Just got back. Arrived around 7:45. I went later hoping for light crowds but found the exact opposite. The place was insane. Lots of human slalom, riding the quad to avoid the lines on the 6 pack etc. Snow was what pretty decent for an extremely busy MLK Sunday evening though. Scraped off in the center of the trails, nice loose snow on the sides. No sugar. NMDW was really nice. Honestly I love that love that trail.

Switchback was fun as always but extremely slick (and dark). Really really wanted to ski Razors but it was roped off and marked as "not open to the general public" although the non-general public was nowhere to be found. So that was a tad frustrating. Challenge was slick, divits etc. When the quad closed at 9, the 6 pack lines went 20 or 30 people deep...at 9 freaking pm. Wanted a another run or 2 but I didn't want to wait in the lines...again at 9 freaking pm. So I called it a night. In the words of Kendrick Lamar, I sound mad but I ain't stressin' cause I had a fun evening, just hate crowds but it's to be expected this weekend I guess.  

Edited by RidgeRacer

Well I had one day at BB. I figure 10 days at Blue. $500 for the pass breaks out to $50. Isn't that the magic number?

Well Sunday night tickets are only $30 and regular night tickets are $40 so it depends on the sessions you see and some of us paid 6-700 for season pass so breakeven varies.

I bet a large percentage of season pass holder buddy passes go unused because it's not really publicized

Well Sunday night tickets are only $30 and regular night tickets are $40 so it depends on the sessions you see and some of us paid 6-700 for season pass so breakeven varies.

I bet a large percentage of season pass holder buddy passes go unused because it's not really publicized

PA ticket prices are absolutely insane.

• Like 1