How's the storm? Closing at 4?

tnt

I just let matt Edge know. His school is cancelled but he wasn't gonna head up until later.   He says it's bullshit and I agree even though I don't really care that I won't be skiing in cold and high winds and likely icy conditions tonight especially after 7 great days in a row over the holidays but still I can see some dissapointed customers showing up at 3:30-6pm

Really good conditions today. Maybe 2" but hard to tell with all of the wind. Some trails were protected but most were not. Regardless, it blended in nicely with the groomed trails. The wind was some of the worst that I have seen there. I passed Ryan on the way up and he just sent me a text saying that the 6er was stopped on wind-hold. I'm not surprised since it is so damn windy, which is likely why they will be closing early. I was able to stop on Razors top headwall with my skis pointed down and not move an inch because of how strong the wind was. 

Other than that, 3 hours of great groomers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

wind is going to be brutal the next two days.  if the 6 is on hold now, tomorrow is out of the question for it.  

The six pack is running. It just about never shuts down. Didn't it run during the blizzard two years ago.  These are strong winds but nothing historic. 

1 hour ago, poconoceancity said:

I came up after school yesterday, I’m getting reports of over 10 inches at home. 2 inches here at JF. Hoping school is canceled again so I can stay up here tonight.

I am sure it will be.  According to my FB feed it is utter mayhem in South Jersey.

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The six pack is running. It just about never shuts down. Didn't it run during the blizzard two years ago.  These are strong winds but nothing historic. 

Quad was running during that storm

the infamous vtmark was in the house today.  Longest day of season for me.  At cici's now.  Good couple runs with toast 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Mabey they are worried due to all the falls from the lifts this year?

2 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

I came up after school yesterday, I’m getting reports of over 10 inches at home. 2 inches here at JF. Hoping school is canceled again so I can stay up here tonight.

I bet it will be cancelled down your way tomorrow.  Will be serious drifting all night long into tomorrow.