Jump to content

saltyant
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can quaratine at home for 14 days before going to VT if driving ones own car there. Which is not a real big deal to do as I work from home and kids school from home. Basically do my shopping for two weeks by December 10 and don't eat out.

Not like I have been going out much other than walking in nature anyway- which is still allowed under Quarantine.

Probably be doing the Quarantine at home much of the winter to facilitate trips to VT or NH at least on MLK and Presidents weekends.

1 week Quarantine at home is allowed if followed by a test.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Can quaratine at home for 14 days before going to VT if driving ones own car there. Which is not a real big deal to do as I work from home and kids school from home. Basically do my shopping for two weeks by December 10 and don't eat out.

Not like I have been going out much other than walking in nature anyway- which is still allowed under Quarantine.

Probably be doing the Quarantine at home much of the winter to facilitate trips to VT or NH at least on MLK and Presidents weekends.

1 week Quarantine at home is allowed if followed by a test.

OK so you can’t go skiing during the week or two before??  I wonder how they can prove it...there was a lot of discussion on this on the alpinezone forums.  Stowe was my home mountain in college...if you need any advice on places to hit let me know closer to your trip.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

OK so you can’t go skiing during the week or two before??  I wonder how they can prove it...there was a lot of discussion on this on the alpinezone forums.  Stowe was my home mountain in college...if you need any advice on places to hit let me know closer to your trip.  

Thanks - It is honor system. Hadnt thought about that not skiing before - guess it is ok if you head to VT to ski every weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 2/5/2018 at 10:08 AM, saltyant said:

I'm going to try for first chair tomorrow. I failed to plan well this morning and forgot to see what time breakfast starts. Then I was delayed more because I kept stuffing my face, took 5 minutes to get my car up the hill, got stuck in traffic, had to pick up my RTMs, had to go back to the car because I forgot my poles, couldn't get my boots on because they got snow in them, and then struggled to get up the hill from the parking lot to 4 runner and kept falling and was huffing and puffing and looked like a total jerry.

@skiincy one time I missed first chair at Stowe on a powder day and I didn't even have to go to doggy day care or sit in traffic. And my hotel was like 2 miles from the mountain

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I'm never going to live this one down. 🤣

Nah, you got stuck in traffic and powder days are always insanely crowded. 

If you read through this thread (530 posts, all very important information), I was literally the first 3rd person at the gate on powder day, and then a line of around 200 people showed up. Then my pass randomly wouldn't work for some ridiculous reason, and I ended up on 6th chair instead of 1st. I thought the people behind me were going to force me through the gate regardless of whether it opened or not.

Then I ended up skiing a groomed run anyway 🤷‍♂️

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nah, you got stuck in traffic and powder days are always insanely crowded. 

If you read through this thread (530 posts, all very important information), I was literally the first 3rd person at the gate on powder day, and then a line of around 200 people showed up. Then my pass randomly wouldn't work for some ridiculous reason, and I ended up on 6th chair instead of 1st. I thought the people behind me were going to force me through the gate regardless of whether it opened or not.

Then I ended up skiing a groomed run anyway 🤷‍♂️

That’s back when you were a freshman. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If everybody was like most of the PASRs, the parking lots at ski resorts would be filled up by 740am. Do you skiincy...where did you ski today?

I'm not going to muddy a Stowe thread with Utah trip reports. I have standards. Kind of. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Maybe I'll go to Stowe this winter for some radical New England skiing on my Epic Pass. I want to walk up the hill in ski boots and ski into the gondola again. I wonder if other PASRs will come* like @GrilledSteezeSandwich @MattEDGE@SallyCat @VTmark @VTmark_take2 @moe ghoul @Robert2 @RajeevGuptaSucheeta

*I'll be driving myself up in my Sonic (no carpool) and staying in my own hotel house room. We can hang out in front of the Fourrunner Quad in the morning, ski 1/8 of a run together, and maybe go to Piecasso one evening for takeout while I SUJOPO in my hotel house room the rest of the week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, saltyant said:

Maybe I'll go to Stowe this winter for some radical New England skiing on my Epic Pass. I want to walk up the hill in ski boots and ski into the gondola again. I wonder if other PASRs will come* like @GrilledSteezeSandwich @MattEDGE@SallyCat @VTmark @VTmark_take2 @moe ghoul @Robert2 @RajeevGuptaSucheeta

*I'll be driving myself up in my Sonic (no carpool) and staying in my own hotel house room. We can hang out in front of the Fourrunner Quad in the morning, ski 1/8 of a run together, and maybe go to Piecasso one evening for takeout while I SUJOPO in my hotel house room the rest of the week

You should go with @ridge and @RidgeRacerand rent an SUV

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should go with @ridge and @RidgeRacerand rent an SUV

TFTI. While I love Whiteface, I wont be going there this season because I have the Epic Pass. Last year my ShitSonic made it in a snowstorm with the check engine and low tire pressure lights on. It was grate. Maybe I'll fix the check engine light soon... not!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

TFTI. While I love Whiteface, I wont be going there this season because I have the Epic Pass. Last year my ShitSonic made it in a snowstorm with the check engine and low tire pressure lights on. It was grate. Maybe I'll fix the check engine light soon... not!

It will need to be fixed to pass inspection. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Benm said:

Saw a video label for this thread. Against my better judgment, scrolled through first 8 pages to find a video no longer available. 

Serves me right. 

I made most of my YouTube videos private. That one's still up but it's not interesting at all, just me skiing like a gaper down Gondolier at Stowe. I'm like 934,304 times better now on my Elon RipstickZ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...