Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tnt

Weekend prognosis?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You never get there for opening?

Never.  I live like 1-3/4 hrs away.  Usually leave 7-7:30ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tnt said:

Never.  I live like 1-3/4 hrs away.  Usually leave 7-7:30ish.

You should leave at 545-6 and give it a try. It’s nice having fresh cord and empty runs...parking close is also nice. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice cement all over. Little pond at the bottom of the guard. Soft and slow. Good thing I've waxed my skis yesterday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe cement is referring to a slow and heavy but grippy snow. The most prominent pond is down by the sixer normally, guard is maybe the RFID turnstiles ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, autocorrect. Quad, of course.

And yeah, wet, heavy, skis carve deep into this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Hero snow

Noooo. Imagine wet cement that hasn't set yet but is about to. Just look it up.

It's not terribly grippy, just slower than usual. And the pond is the absolute slush right in front of the quad than you have to water ski through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should leave at 545-6 and give it a try. It’s nice having fresh cord and empty runs...parking close is also nice. 

That's my departure time for day trips to the catskills.  Blue is a nice sleep in break for me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tnt said:

That's my departure time for day trips to the catskills.  Blue is a nice sleep in break for me....

Gotta get up bright and early to score all that magnificant fresh cord.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zzslope said:

I was there from open to 11:30, no pond, no cement, everything was excellent. 

There from about 9-6. Great snow, folks to ski with, amazing tailgating. They do need to get the 6 running again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It will set up for Saturday morning.  

Overnight temps are 38F.  I think it's soft from opening bell.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

There from about 9-6. Great snow, folks to ski with, amazing tailgating. They do need to get the 6 running again. 

Wow that’s a serious session...WTGAI..I guess Rodney was there with the MILFs

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No way...won’t be bulletproof but will be firm.  38 degrees at Blue does not make for soft snow. 

Just a guess here. Runs 1-3 will be firm, 4-5 will be perfection. 6-12 will be choppy. 12+ will be survival 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Schif said:

Just a guess here. Runs 1-3 will be firm, 4-5 will be perfection. 6-12 will be choppy. 12+ will be survival 

And wait til session #2

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there from about 1030-130 today. Snow was surprisingly nice. Only the run outs got super soft. Terrain park at bottom getting a little brown. A small lake at the quad. Other than that pretty good. 6 pack still not running 🙁. BTW, saw 3 guys in nicer clothes, along with several people who looked like upper level Blue employees talking at the bottom of the 6. Wonder what that was about. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I was there from about 1030-130 today. Snow was surprisingly nice. Only the run outs got super soft. Terrain park at bottom getting a little brown. A small lake at the quad. Other than that pretty good. 6 pack still not running 🙁. BTW, saw 3 guys in nicer clothes, along with several people who looked like upper level Blue employees talking at the bottom of the 6. Wonder what that was about. 

Gondola installation. Vail wants it in for next year to be EPIC. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...