12/8...Sunday funday..snowmaking..PASR day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot around 715am and in the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, MBike Mike, Toast, JFDan, Salty, MomSkeez, Justo, Rose,Slim, Mixilplix, Gary, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Mrs Snowbunski, TP4, BenM, Tele Matt, Jim Daily and many others. 

Temperatures were in the low 20s on the upper mountain and teens below..the snowmaking cannons were blasting on Challenge, homestretch, shuttle and random areas.  Opening rope drop groundhogs day..second chair again ho hum..conditions very nice vista to midway to lower Main Street and upper Main Street nice frozen cord..lazy mile had some great snow and even with the race team wasn’t that crazy..will be way crazier next week when the six pack is open.   

Theyre charginf $70 and selling a boatload of tickets to people not showing up till 10 or 11..great stuff..I skied till 945am and how hungout in the lot till about 11am..get in get out have the rest of the day...Blue will be closed Monday to Wednesday with a reopening Thursday. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Indiggio May add but was following Slim and Indiggio for the best ditch skiing of the season. Skiers left midway was a lip/ditch top to bottom (some mandatory evac spots) and ditch mostly all open lower main. Leg burners and fun. Watch out for ice chunks Indiggio kicks out if you ever follow him...

This was session #2 by the way

• Like 1

Yeah, after morning beers, @tarponhead and I headed back out for a few left side of Lazy laps that still had even softer and better snow than the opening runs.

Made some Main Street runs and check out the lower right side which had some pretty nice snow, but light was flat on that side,
The next run, met up with Slim at the top who told us about left ridge on Midway and almost guns n' hoses along lower left of Main Street that was bathed in late morning sun.

We lapped that a number of times as the snow was just so good, it was hard to quit.
Unfortunately the knees and thighs burned so bad, we retired for beer:30 #2.

Best day and snow by far of the season!

• Like 6

Is it [mention=12908]Ski2Live Live2Ski[/mention]?

Unfortunately not. They're behind me now and currently it's Mariah Careys All I want for Christmas is you. Before that it was walking in a winter wonderland...

Edit... Last Christmas by wham is on now. Lift is stuck. Haven't moved in about 5 minutes.