Jackson Hole 1/28-2/5...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

It’s currently warm and windy in advance of an approaching storm from the north and west.  I’ve never seen the sidewalks in this town so clear. 38 degrees base 35 mid mountain and 24 summit but temperatures will be dropping during the ski day could be a tricky day to dress...bagel place also didn’t have their bagel egg and cheese sandwiches ready yet so had to slum it with a cold breakfast.  Right now NMSki is feasting on White Castle sliders and a burrito to get extra farty today and JFDan is across the street at the 49er eyeing the bacon and pancakes. 

• Like 2

Fun day. Definitely some heavier snow than anticipated. The warm up the other day was a little unfortunate as well for today, but we still found some good stuff to play in, and its always great to get out and ski some place different with some other Blue regulars. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

Thats too cold. Had a few days like that I just skipped.

It was fucking cold.  60mph winds and near 0F temps at the top of Sublette were not very enjoyable.  Unfortunately not the big honking pow day we were expecting but those bottomless turns on Grand made it worth it.  The Shiros are probably the best ski in our group for wind slab, but that doesn’t really say much.  It was still a workout and there just wasn’t enough snow to cover up the firm spots off trail that got sun baked in previous days record temps.  @JFskiDan and I still explored a little including lower Casper Bowl and Woosley Woods.  The groomers over on Casper were probably the best they’ve been all week.  One more ski day tomorrow that should bring sunny skied and moderate temps for some turns on Jackson Hole groomers.

• Like 9

Minus 7 on walk to bagel place. Turns out the egg sandwiches were 20 minutes late the last two days because the baker won shake a day for 4 grand and ended up getting drunk and arrested and in jail. He was back today and they gave me a coupon for a free coffee for my troubles. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1