Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

The mask has become a part of the “oh shit where’s this” pocket pat down whenever I leave the house. It still confuses me how people are so against wearing it for the 10-15 minutes they’re in a store or the 5 minutes they’re in Wawa in the morning. 

300lb bubba who drives his 97 s10 to Wawa shirtless and smoking his 8th cigarette of the day at 7am puts his shirt on before going in no problem at all, but god forbid he has to wear a mask. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

The mask has become a part of the “oh shit where’s this” pocket pat down whenever I leave the house. It still confuses me how people are so against wearing it for the 10-15 minutes they’re in a store or the 5 minutes they’re in Wawa in the morning. 

300lb bubba who drives his 97 s10 to Wawa shirtless and smoking his 8th cigarette of the day at 7am puts his shirt on before going in no problem at all, but god forbid he has to wear a mask. 

Check out the contained video of laser-scattered droplets with and without mask.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kyle said:

We have some pretty shady people come here to buy stuff, dude showed up yesterday i have never seen.  he walked past all the signs that say you need to wear a mask to enter the shop, walks in the shop without a mask on, i tell him he needs to wear a mask.  he says he doesnt have one.  What fucking rock has this dude been living under for the past month?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

We have some pretty shady people come here to buy stuff, dude showed up yesterday i have never seen.  he walked past all the signs that say you need to wear a mask to enter the shop, walks in the shop without a mask on, i tell him he needs to wear a mask.  he says he doesnt have one.  What fucking rock has this dude been living under for the past month?

No shoes, No shirt, No mask...No service

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

last night during the power outage was the most crowded I’ve ever seen the conshy wawa by far. First time in awhile I’ve felt uncomfortable around so many people during covid-19

were people social distancing?  I’ve found WaWa to be one of the worst places for that?  This is not the time to hold doors open for people and people can’t seem to stand on the stickers on the floor.  

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Yesterday at mini market a guy walked in with his mask in his hand but didn’t put it on cause nobody said anything.  As I was sitting in my car two others got to the door..saw a mask was needed went back to car one had mask on other had sweatshirt over head.  I never forget my mask because it’s needed in hotel house for the 30 steps or so I walk down the hallway to exit.  The manager yelled at somebody for not wearing a mask..she said if I see you with no mask again I’m kicking you out. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yesterday at mini market a guy walked in with his mask in his hand but didn’t put it on cause nobody said anything.  As I was sitting in my car two others got to the door..saw a mask was needed went back to car one had mask on other had sweatshirt over head.  I never forget my mask because it’s needed in hotel house for the 30 steps or so I walk down the hallway to exit.  The manager yelled at somebody for not wearing a mask..she said if I see you with no mask again I’m kicking you out. 

Yeah, dont wanna get kicked out of your home. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

were people social distancing?  I’ve found WaWa to be one of the worst places for that?  This is not the time to hold doors open for people and people can’t seem to stand on the stickers on the floor.  

Lol nope.  It was an old school mini wawa with people packed like sardines.  One guy was actually leaning against the screens while people were trying to order. Another lady didn’t have a mask but was covering her mouth with napkins.  A third guy refused to wear a mask cause he has “extreme asthma.”

55 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I feel really sorry for students going to public schools this fall. No more cafeteria, field trips, extracurriculars, hanging out with friends, sitting together on the bus. Sounds like a prison. 

there are so many worse things i can think of off the top of my head.  Suck it the fuck up.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

As if 2020 couldn’t get worse...

oh snap i saw one of dem boyz yesterday, didn't know that's what the wee ones looked like. id have smushed him good.

but... i spray my house with onslaught. if that little mf landed anywhere on it, he's dunzo in a week ::::praise hands emoji::::

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I feel really sorry for students going to public schools this fall. No more cafeteria, field trips, extracurriculars, hanging out with friends, sitting together on the bus. Sounds like a prison. 

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

there are so many worse things i can think of off the top of my head.  Suck it the fuck up.  

The most resilient people in the world are kids.  I get it that high school seniors got the shaft, but this is a minor inconvenience for most.  My daughter had a drive-through 5th grade graduation today, and everyone could not have been happier.  Life is what you make it!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I'll say the same thing when they raise property taxes to pay the expenses to administer all of this.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

The most resilient people in the world are kids.  I get it that high school seniors got the shaft, but this is a minor inconvenience for most.  My daughter had a drive-through 5th grade graduation today, and everyone could not have been happier.  Life is what you make it!

I could care less about my own graduation. The best parts of school for me were hanging with friends in the cafeteria, field trips, band, walks outside. Not sitting at the same desk for 8 hours a day like communist China. If it's temporary for a few months, yeah those kids will "suck it up". But at what point is enough enough?

Edited by saltyant

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I could care less about my own graduation. The best parts of school for me were hanging with friends in the cafeteria, field trips, band, walks outside. Not sitting at the same desk for 8 hours a day like communist China. If it's temporary for a few months, yeah those kids will "suck it up". But at what point is enough enough?

HTFU

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I agree with you, those are the only parts of school that don't suck! 

I also think it's dumb that they didn't postpone school, consider the quarantine to be their summer break and have them go back in and finish over the summer.  God forbid the teachers don't get to go to the Jersey shore all summer!  

• Thanks 1