Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

100% typically in a national disaster a presidents approval rating rises. There are even rumors circulating around the left that Trump might drop out of the race if his poll numbers worsen as the election approaches.  Pence would get slaughtered against Biden.  Joe could win 41 states. 

He should probably consider it. I don't see him winning. I think Pence may have a better shot than Trump at this point but thinking a more moderate Republican with a level head and less of an ego (Nikki Hailey??) would be the move. But what do I know.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

100% typically in a national disaster a presidents approval rating rises. There are even rumors circulating around the left that Trump might drop out of the race if his poll numbers worsen as the election approaches.  Pence would get slaughtered against Biden.  Joe could win 41 states. 

He's too narcissistic to drop out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

He should probably consider it. I don't see him winning. I think Pence may have a better shot than Trump at this point but thinking a more moderate Republican with a level head and less of an ego (Nikki Hailey??) would be the move. But what do I know.

Pence 100% would not have a better chance...if trump drops out a lot of the Trump fan boys won’t vote at all and will be disastrous for republican senators and House members in the election.  The Republican Party would hate the scenario of trump dropping out but trump doesn’t give a fuck about the Republican Party..he wants to avoid embarrassment. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Hopefully you don't feel attacked.  Was just defending myself since you basically said I was racist.  I like you as a person.  

Taking an indefinite time-out from this bullshit...

Please. Idgaf what pasr peeps say to me. We coo

Except Jordan fuck him

• Haha 1

Meanwhile in Florida...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told reporters on Tuesday that the state will not reinstate restrictions or close businesses to mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Why it matters: More than 50% of coronavirus infections in the U.S. are from states like Florida, Texas, California and Arizona, Axios' Marisa Fernandez reports.

NIAID director Anthony Fauci warned at a Senate committee hearing earlier on Tuesday that states "skipping over" checkpoints in federal reopening guidelines are contributing to hot spots in states including Florida, Texas and Arizona.

Driving the news: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott ® urged people to stay home last week to fight the "rampant" spread of COVID-19, as the state paused its reopening. Abbott said in a Friday interview that he regretted how quickly bars were allowed to reopen in the state.
What he's saying: When asked by reporters on Tuesday if he would tell people to stay home as Abbott did, DeSantis explained that social distancing has been recommended throughout the state's reopening and that protecting the elderly and vulnerable are the state's priorities.

"We're not going back, closing things. I don't think that that's really what's driving it, people going to a business is not what's driving it," DeSantis said. "I think when you see the younger folks, I think a lot of it is more just social interactions, so that's natural."

"We're open, we know who we need to protect, most of the folks in those younger demographics, although we want them to be mindful of what's going on, are just simply much much less at risk than the folks who are in those older age groups."

https://www.axios.com/florida-coronavirus-desantis-3fe9b6c4-532b-4b2f-bf20-391e586abd2d.html

• Confused 1

8,184 new cases in California a new daily record and Arizona also had a new daily record today with 4,682 new cases.  California does have nearly six times the number of people as Arizona although Arizona includes both the Navajo nation and border counties which have been hard hit. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

8,184 new cases in California a new daily record and Arizona also had a new daily record today with 4,682 new cases.  California does have nearly six times the number of people as Arizona although Arizona includes both the Navajo nation and border counties which have been hard hit. 

I wonder how much California’s population density is playing into those totals, it’s doesn’t help issue at hand, but 6k new cases in LA is not a whole lot compared to the population there. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I wonder how much California’s population density is playing into those totals, it’s doesn’t help issue at hand, but 6k new cases in LA is not a whole lot compared to the population there. 

I think demographics come into play.  Riverside county California has been very hard hit they had more cases today than PA for that county alone but about 1/7th of PAs population. Riverside county is part of the Inland empire which is major shipping hub filled with warehouses much like the outskirts of the Lehigh valley but on a much grander scale.  Low average household income and a large population of undocumented Americans means that working from home is not feasible..add in cramped living conditions and lower average education and you have all the makings of a hot spot.  It’s similar in Sacromento and other areas of the centeal valley of California.  The SF Bay Area which is much more affluent has seen less issues but give it time.  Another area which is seeing a lot of new cases is Idaho which has become a refuge for Californians looking to escape high taxes and overpopulation. 

• Thanks 1

I would be curious to see the county by county breakdown in cases in these hard hit states. My thoughts from the beginning, and why I think PA killed it in the reopening, is that population density plays a gigantic role in the spread of this thing. 

It's so easy for the news stories or snippets to say Florida, California, Arizona and just start blaming governors. These stages are gigantic and CA has some of the strictest rules in the nation. The country is not a monolith and neither are these states.  County by county makes and putting the numbers in context is the only way to go. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Schif said:

I would be curious to see the county by county breakdown in cases in these hard hit states. My thoughts from the beginning, and why I think PA killed it in the reopening, is that population density plays a gigantic role in the spread of this thing. 

It's so easy for the news stories or snippets to say Florida, California, Arizona and just start blaming governors. These stages are gigantic and CA has some of the strictest rules in the nation. The country is not a monolith and neither are these states.  County by county makes and putting the numbers in context is the only way to go. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/07/01/885263658/green-yellow-orange-or-red-this-new-tool-shows-covid-19-risk-in-your-county?utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews&fbclid=IwAR2WpFhz6oShjYmGrMbE3Qgcq5phNzkiyqfCHXsLaQY7i29xJ7kQ264AIbE&fbclid=IwAR19zLizvzKfoKzickKPyaTJKNgQu0k2RDhxghTm7VY1Z_nOk4qLoOu_6hw

I haven't been able to get the data to load in that link all morning. I guess a lot of people were listening to NPR this morning and are all trying to access it. I'll irrationally blame Microsoft Power BI for this failure. They should have used Tableau