Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

beaches down here are crowded, but I don't think any more crowded than normal. Yesterday was probably the most crowded it's been surfing this summer so far. Luckily, still easy to keep my distance from people out in the water. Lots of restaurants are getting creative with outdoor seating setups, but stuff in Somers Point looks completely insane. This one place called "The Point" had their parking lot completely packed the other day. It's all outdoor dining on a beach on the bay, but the place isn't that big to accommodate all those people. I'll stick to grocery delivery/pickup and cooking at home, or takeout. Beer delivery has been great, too :)

I drove past The Point when I was out that way fishing last weekend.  Parking lot was completely full at like 10pm.  I've never been there - if I'm in Somers Point it's usually the Crab Trap or Anchorage Tavern.

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

We were there camping last weekend and the pool wasn't going off yet, but I wondered when it would be back to normal.  We still skipped it anyway.  It's always disgusting even without Covid.

Yeah, I grew up like 2 miles from there and have been at that pool less than 10 times in my life...it's always been kinda gross unless you go on a weekday morning/early afternoon when the pool is cleaned and crowds are light.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I’ve noticed the “at risk” groups seem to be the ones who stopped caring the most, at least around here. 

Always been like that here.  Some at Whole Foods still wearing gloves and a few face shields..I’m just about the fattest one there.  Over at the allentown farmers market..I’m a sexy beast because I can fit through small door ways and walk normal speed..I’ve definitely been eye fucked by some of the blue hairs there.  

• Haha 1

Boulder County just extended their mask usage policy indefinitely. Overall most wear masks but I have seen reports of a few grocery stores that are pretty bad with people ignoring it. I shop at a Whole Foods and they are good with enforcement, other places leave it up to some 17 year old stock boy to enforce it.  Not a great policy and totally not fair to the kids who are supposed to enforce it. 

Most of the new Allegheny county cases can be traced to various travel mostly in the southeast and bars in Pittsburgh.  Montana has its highest number of new daily cases of Coronavirus at 56. Back in April they went days on end with zero new cases.  We likely won’t have a new record of new cases today in the US as not as much data is processed on Sundays for Monday’s reporting.  That’s why Florida only had a little more than 5,000 new cases.  I’m sure the governor Ron DeSantis is thrilled about the 40% decline lol

7 minutes ago, Barb said:

Not a great policy and totally not fair to the kids who are supposed to enforce it. 

Thank you for saying this. I think it’s crazy these big companies force high school and minimum wage workers to do their dirty work.  These grocery stores made bank during the pandemic, they can afford to hire a security guard for mask enforcement 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Thank you for saying this. I think it’s crazy these big companies force high school and minimum wage workers to do their dirty work.  These grocery stores made bank during the pandemic, they can afford to hire a security guard for mask enforcement 

That’s what the one guy Lee does..he works security at the Giant...the people with no masks probably say seeiousLee and Lee says yes no mask no service.  Can at least wear it like a chin guard when nobody is looking.  I laught at the people with low IQs pull their mask down when they are ordering pizza at wegmans.  Shit is bananas 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s what the one guy Lee does..he works security at the Giant...the people with no masks probably say seeiousLee and Lee says yes no mask no service.  Can at least wear it like a chin guard when nobody is looking.  I laught at the people with low IQs pull their mask down when they are ordering pizza at wegmans.  Shit is bananas 

I remember working retail years ago and getting threatened on a near daily basis by dog owners, so I feel their pain

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I remember working retail years ago and getting threatened on a near daily basis by dog owners, so I feel their pain

I worked security at the Ben Folds Five concert in college...I remember drinking on the job and getting $30 but never got to rock the suburbs. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

I drove past The Point when I was out that way fishing last weekend.  Parking lot was completely full at like 10pm.  I've never been there - if I'm in Somers Point it's usually the Crab Trap or Anchorage Tavern.

Yeah, I grew up like 2 miles from there and have been at that pool less than 10 times in my life...it's always been kinda gross unless you go on a weekday morning/early afternoon when the pool is cleaned and crowds are light.

Smittys Clam Bar FTW.  But, they used to pack people in there like crazy before all this, and there was always a line to get in.  Nice thing is, its BYOB, so drinking in the parking lot while waiting for your table is not only allowed, its encouraged.  The food is wonderful even sober, and its worth the wait.  

If nothing else, just go get a bowl of the New England to go.  Fabulous.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have more fear now than in the beginning of this.  Business is a really good though.  We’re only a couple dollars short of where we were last year and a strong third quarter incoming.  

I think i have less fear of this now, but i fear the people that have no fear of it.  I am stocking the shelves a little at home for round 2 of the stay at home order.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Smittys Clam Bar FTW.  But, they used to pack people in there like crazy before all this, and there was always a line to get in.  Nice thing is, its BYOB, so drinking in the parking lot while waiting for your table is not only allowed, its encouraged.  The food is wonderful even sober, and its worth the wait.  

If nothing else, just go get a bowl of the New England to go.  Fabulous.  

Yeah that's on my list to check out next time I'm there.  Since everything was so crowded I didn't stop this past time 

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

About time.

I heard school are delaying opening. I don't know what that means for your daughter going to college there, but I hope they are putting out communication what their mitigation plan is...

Edited by toast21602

I went out to eat at my local spot tonight. Had to wear a mask until you were seated, they had bar seating however it was only 8 chairs for a bar that normally seats 30 people. You could be in a group of up to 4 at the bar, or 6 at a table but you all had to enter at the same time (I was alone). Wear a mask whenever you leave your seat, don’t mingle with other tables/groups etc. pretty standard stuff. One thing this place did do though was put an automatic hand sanitizer dispenser by every table and behind each “grouping” of seats at the bar. It was a Monday night so it was empty, however I thought their approach to it was pretty well thought out. 

9BE607C5-5976-4978-8395-888BB50A2382.jpeg

• Like 1

I heard school are delaying opening. I don't know what that means for your daughter going to college there, but I hope they are putting out communication what their mitigation plan is...

So far they're saying business as usual but I'm 75% fall semester will be virtual which I'm cool with at this point. Should know more this week or next.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

... He was at Big Woodys bar on Friday and dined inside Perkins and the brass rail over the weekend. He did say at bar people have to sit 6 feet apart unless related and every other table removed.  At Perkins it’s mostly booths so I imagine every other booth used. 

So two things jump out...

(1) You said Woodys and I think of the gay bar in philly but I doubt that’s where you’re talking about.

(2) Perkins is still a restaurant? I haven’t seen one in years.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, skiincy said:

So two things jump out...

(1) You said Woodys and I think of the gay bar in philly but I doubt that’s where you’re talking about.

(2) Perkins is still a restaurant? I haven’t seen one in years.

Woodys is a sports bar..the owners nickname is Big Woody..yeah there are two Perkins in Allentown..one near Dorney Park and one on the southside. Also two in  Bethlehem.  Closest one to you seems to be Drexel hill..324 total locations.  When I was a kid there were still some Howard Johnson restaurants around.  

I just overheard my co-worker talking to someone about 2 people calling out sick today with a chest cough or something, looking to get them tested.  

Fortunately, i make no contact with these people.  Hopefully, this situation will bring awareness to our employees, that masks are still a good thing.