Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

22 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is a friends condo in killington. Their kids are heavily involved in competitive squash so they barely get up there.  

https://www.vrbo.com/260333?fbclid=IwAR3LmPVUPPdPSbb4yYAZNgJQn4obWRm6E7ss49Yp3JZD-jh1gBzF2WsfYWM

looks like that's at the base of sunrise. i know it is technically still at the base of killington, but for the uneducated, they're in for quite the surprise on that one.

1 hour ago, Schif said:

It would have to be if they limit ticket sales. No way you'll see a lift line all the way back to the bottom lodge doors this year. 

i swear there was something about 6 foot distancing in the lift line. it's gonna be half way up lower park on saturday afternoons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

looks like that's at the base of sunrise. i know it is technically still at the base of killington, but for the uneducated, they're in for quite the surprise on that one.

i swear there was something about 6 foot distancing in the lift line. it's gonna be half way up lower park on saturday afternoons.

If you think anyone who skis after 11am on a weekend has enough control over their skis to maintain 6 feet in a line you're out of your mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

I bet if you measured from the boot to the tail of one person and the tip to the boot of the next, it would be pretty damn close to six feet apart (lengthwise) in line.  I think the real challenge is going to be to separate the lines side to side.  We might see one "cohort" line and a bunch of spread out singles lines.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Doesn’t seem like their VRBO Page has been updated for a decade. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

21 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I bet if you measured from the boot to the tail of one person and the tip to the boot of the next, it would be pretty damn close to six feet apart (lengthwise) in line.  I think the real challenge is going to be to separate the lines side to side.  We might see one "cohort" line and a bunch of spread out singles lines.  

Correct 

I was bored and I clicked to purchase the advance tickets to see what it was all about, and it shows only 5 available 4 hour tickets for AM and 5 available 4 hour tickets for PM for most of the dates.  The 8 hour tickets are limited to 10 some days and 20 on others.  I have to assume that these tiny allotments are because of early season limited terrain.  it will be interesting to see how these allotments change as the season progresses.  

I’m thinking I’m might just need to bite the bullet and get my 13yo a season pass. My younger daughter already has the 6th grade pass and rather have the flexibility to go without worrying if i can get a ticket for her older sister. Was planning on just purchasing a couple of 3 packs for her but I’m wondering if they’ll offer them this year?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

I’m thinking I’m might just need to bite the bullet and get my 13yo a season pass. My younger daughter already has the 6th grade pass and rather have the flexibility to go without worrying if i can get a ticket for her older sister. Was planning on just purchasing a couple of 3 packs for her but I’m wondering if they’ll offer them this year?

If you dig through the cesspool of confusion that is Blue's facebook post about this, i think i remember them saying no 3-packs this year. There was some very confusing wording in there.

Edited by Justo8484
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I was bored and I clicked to purchase the advance tickets to see what it was all about, and it shows only 5 available 4 hour tickets for AM and 5 available 4 hour tickets for PM for most of the dates.  The 8 hour tickets are limited to 10 some days and 20 on others.  I have to assume that these tiny allotments are because of early season limited terrain.  it will be interesting to see how these allotments change as the season progresses.  

I wonder if the 5 available are the max that one person can buy at a time? Like you can only buy for your family of 5 in one transaction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schif said:

I wonder if the 5 available are the max that one person can buy at a time? Like you can only buy for your family of 5 in one transaction. 

This would make way more sense than the way I was thinking about it.

It should be interesting to see the guidelines.  I did read they would be using historical data to determine season passholder numbers for the day.  There is a possibility that season passholders could be limited on opening day, unless they hold off on opening until they have more than the usual terrain open.  

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

It should be interesting to see the guidelines.  I did read they would be using historical data to determine season passholder numbers for the day.  There is a possibility that season passholders could be limited on opening day, unless they hold off on opening until they have more than the usual terrain open.  

I bet the historical data is actually pretty damn close. We've become creatures of habit the last few years. 

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

There is a possibility that season passholders could be limited on opening day, unless they hold off on opening until they have more than the usual terrain open.  

How would they limit passholders, especially at the top with no scanners? Would there be a lottery? Base it on seniority? How would passholders know not to waste their time driving there and getting excited for skiing, only to be denied entry?

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, Schif said:

It said no restrictions on passholders. I can't imagine they would find a way to block some of us and let others through. 

This is true, but i guess there will be some guideline as far as how many people can occupy the mountain, or some type of fraction of lift capacity.  I thought i read something about a western mountain where it would be based on lift capacity.  So, i guess really the question that nobody can answer at this point, is how many people will be able to ski opening day, with just burma and main running, and yes, i know most of the time they run just the one, but in this case, i think they will have to run both.  Could capacity (whatever that number is) be exceeded by passholders?  Highly unlikely when the entire mountain is open.  It would be interesting to know how many season passholders there are.  Maybe they need to hold off opening until they can use the 6 as well?  Lots of questions that cant really be answered right now.  

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

This is true, but i guess there will be some guideline as far as how many people can occupy the mountain, or some type of fraction of lift capacity.  I thought i read something about a western mountain where it would be based on lift capacity.  So, i guess really the question that nobody can answer at this point, is how many people will be able to ski opening day, with just burma and main running, and yes, i know most of the time they run just the one, but in this case, i think they will have to run both.  Could capacity (whatever that number is) be exceeded by passholders?  Highly unlikely when the entire mountain is open.  It would be interesting to know how many season passholders there are.  Maybe they need to hold off opening until they can use the 6 as well?  Lots of questions that cant really be answered right now.  

i think a lot of this is spot on. i don't see them opening with just the vista lift, unless they do it as a passholder-only perk kinda thing for a soft opening midweek or something, followed quickly by getting the main street lift open for the general public. it seemed like they're still floating black friday as tentative opening date, and i just don't see them getting the 6 up and running by then unless it's freakishly cold.

• Like 1

Magic mountains covid-19 outline. Interesting read. The one take away might be that just a quick last minute trip to VT, or anywhere will require more planning than before with a reservation system. 
https://magicmtn.com/alpine-update/?fbclid=IwAR1BNW1Hb6R1-QJD3vn972vO0vyGY0SnRBjuY77jWYZFPLwTVQL02eqsyqA

Magic mountains covid-19 outline. Interesting read. The one take away might be that just a quick last minute trip to VT, or anywhere will require more planning than before with a reservation system. 
https://magicmtn.com/alpine-update/?fbclid=IwAR1BNW1Hb6R1-QJD3vn972vO0vyGY0SnRBjuY77jWYZFPLwTVQL02eqsyqA

They're very confident that there will be a vaccine in February.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We’ll see how many people are willing to take it.  I’m hearing things could be back to normal by the end of 2021...all the reopen PA people are like..,”what happened to two weeks” lol

At first I would bet it's a mix of low supply mixed with trepidation about getting a vaccine that was rushed. I would imagine they would push it to vulnerable populations first as well. 

Prediction: Vaccine for us young, active, healthy folks won't be until 2022. 

In the event that anyone is planning to fly this skison. From American...

We’re proud to announce that American Airlines will be the first airline to start treating our planes with SurfaceWise[emoji2400]2, an EPA-approved antiviral solution, in the coming months. This breakthrough coating provides enhanced protection by the sustained killing of 99.9% of viruses, including coronaviruses, on surfaces.

How it works: When sprayed on surfaces, SurfaceWise[emoji2400]2 forms an invisible, long-lasting barrier that physically breaks down and kills virus cells. A similar type of solution is already being used in hospitals due to its proven effectiveness to reduce the spread of infection. The highly durable coating remains effective even on high-touch surfaces like seats, tray tables and armrests, and through frequent cleanings, which we do after every flight.

All-around clean: Our Clean Commitment is our promise that we’re taking bold measures to help ensure your well-being when you travel with us. With the addition of industry-leading products like SurfaceWise[emoji2400]2, you can travel with peace of mind.