The Bluest of Mountains 2-13-21

RidgeRacer

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Conditions today we're like Tony the Tiger....they were grrrrrrreat! Razors was a beautiful carpet first thing. Conditions held throughout the sesh. Crowds on the other hand didn't. Shit show is the only way to define it. Enough of the negative however. Twas a fun morning with the PASRs

Lines at the doubles stayed pretty nice all morning. Main St side got long for a bit right before they opened the Burma, but the wise skier went under and loaded from the Burma side. Once they started loading both the wait dropped back down to 6-10 chairs, up until I quit at 10:45

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Car trouble. Felt bad because I was still there and didn’t have cables. Offered to get them and come back but he said he’d call someone. I bet they mountain could have sent someone out to help

If @GrilledSteezeSandwich had my cell phone number I could have turned around, as I likely wasnt that far away

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun and long day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 720am and a minute later the random employee park facing the wrong way in the row.  I saw Mrs Snowbunski early on who parks out in Kansas.  The temperature was in the low 20s under overcast sky’s and also in the house were Toast, JFDan, Mute, Ryan, Boo Bear, PARidge, Mixiliplix, Salty, Schifdawg, Enjorales, Indiggio, Tarpenhead, Eddie, Falco, Charles and many more.  

Got my new mounted up skis and booted up fast enough to make front row of the gates.  Gates opened and my pole got caught in the net and took it down like a long section and I was able to extract my pole from the netting with my fingers but not before missing both the first and second civilian six packs.  

First run down challenge was nice firm packed powder...I skied it a second time then Main Street which was softer packed powder on the top and a little semi light chop lower down.  Switchback was also nice and I managed an empty run on that.  Sidewinder was nice until the last section which had some icy spots and lower lazy was nice snow but busy.  

I skied a run on the nightmare to dreamweaver park and with flat light and a ton of features was just ok.  Also skied tuts lane to connector to lower widowmaker to midway to little gap to Burma to shuttle to lower park.  I wanted to ski another run but lines were getting long. 

Nice parking lot with some beers and chips and even a jack daniels lemon honey drink thanks to Schifdawg.  Back in October I had my starter replaced on my car due to a recall and on cold mornings the car doesn’t like starting and sometimes takes an extra try.  Well the inevitable happened today and my car would not start. I got a tow company from lehighton to come within an hour and the guy was really nice and I enjoyed some pizza while I waited but the it wasn’t the battery as the battery pack didn’t help and he tried one or two other trucks to no avail.  

In the meantime i called Ciocca Subaru in Allentown to have my car taken in and set up a loaner car. Then tried to get an uber but none were available after a few attempts.   I called my friend Steph up and she came up from allentown and gave me a ride.  As it was her first time at Blue it took awhile for her to get there and so I called Ciocca subaru back to say that I wasn’t gonna make it in time before they closed so set up loaner for Monday at 740am.  My friend initially went into ski patrol Main Street chair employee lot but found me at lower lot. 

Was super nice of her to give me a ride and shes having dinner with a friend tonight so I gave her a $100 and said dinner was on me which she appreciated.   So now back at hotel house carless and skiless. I left for the true mountain with one ski boot and returned with none..JADIP

97840A00-48EF-4001-96C5-E2DF45AF5363.jpeg

0B778A96-AFE9-4BD7-B703-AF1C2899C866.jpeg

BDB6644D-167E-4155-876D-8DC35EBCA876.jpeg

EF9227B0-E4CE-4B18-97BE-5A7CA94825AB.jpeg

D4BF478F-9DEA-413C-9C48-CABC2C3532BE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1
  • Sad 1

Trail Coming Soon all day long over and over again. I know not nearly what you guys had last week but it was incredible today. Skied 8-1ish. One run on main st, one on challenge and one on sidewinder. All other runs were TCS. What an awesome day!

Tomorrow is game day call depending on how freezing is the freezing rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun and long day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 720am and a minute later the random employee park facing the wrong way in the row.  I saw Mrs Snowbunski early on who parks out in Kansas.  The temperature was in the low 20s under overcast sky’s and also in the house were Toast, JFDan, Mute, Ryan, Boo Bear, PARidge, Mixiliplix, Salty, Schifdawg, Enjorales, Indiggio, Tarpenhead, Eddie, Falco, Charles and many more.  

Got my new mounted up skis and booted up fast enough to make front row of the gates.  Gates opened and my pole got caught in the net and took it down like a long section and I was able to extract my pole from the netting with my fingers but not before missing both the first and second civilian six packs.  

First run down challenge was nice firm packed powder...I skied it a second time then Main Street which was softer packed powder on the top and a little semi light chop lower down.  Switchback was also nice and I managed an empty run on that.  Sidewinder was nice until the last section which had some icy spots and lower lazy was nice snow but busy.  

I skied a run on the nightmare to dreamweaver park and with flat light and a ton of features was just ok.  Also skied tuts lane to connector to lower widowmaker to midway to little gap to Burma to shuttle to lower park.  I wanted to ski another run but lines were getting long. 

Nice parking lot with some beers and chips and even a jack daniels lemon honey drink thanks to Schifdawg.  Back in October I had my starter replaced on my car due to a recall and on cold mornings the car doesn’t like starting and sometimes takes an extra try.  Well the inevitable happened today and my car would not start. I got a tow company from lehighton to come within an hour and the guy was really nice and I enjoyed some pizza while I waited but the it wasn’t the battery as the battery pack didn’t help and he tried one or two other trucks to no avail.  

In the meantime i called Ciocca Subaru in Allentown to have my car taken in and set up a loaner car. Then tried to get an uber but none were available after a few attempts.   I called my friend Steph up and she came up from allentown and gave me a ride.  As it was her first time at Blue it took awhile for her to get there and so I called Ciocca subaru back to say that I wasn’t gonna make it in time before they closed so set up loaner for Monday at 740am.  My friend initially went into ski patrol Main Street chair employee lot but found me at lower lot. 

Was super nice of her to give me a ride and shes having dinner with a friend tonight so I gave her a $100 and said dinner was on me which she appreciated.   So now back at hotel house carless and skiless. I left for the true mountain with one ski boot and returned with none..JADIP

Should have just posted up here. I would have come back up. We probably could’ve rapped on the starter with a wrench and got er going.

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

97840A00-48EF-4001-96C5-E2DF45AF5363.jpeg

0B778A96-AFE9-4BD7-B703-AF1C2899C866.jpeg

BDB6644D-167E-4155-876D-8DC35EBCA876.jpeg

EF9227B0-E4CE-4B18-97BE-5A7CA94825AB.jpeg

D4BF478F-9DEA-413C-9C48-CABC2C3532BE.jpeg

I dunno what time all this took place, but you should have wandered over to see if my car was still there.

I have jumper cables and/or could have given you a ride back to the hotel house, no problem.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I thought Steeze said it wasnt battery related? But yeah, a co-worker showed me how to bump start the car on a hill one time

Battery, starter, doesn’t matter. Starter is only there to turn the engine over and get it started. Dropping a manual in gear does the same thing. As long as the motor is okay and so is the alternator it would run until you turn it off

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I dunno what time all this took place, but you should have wandered over to see if my car was still there.

I have jumper cables and/or could have given you a ride back to the hotel house, no problem.

The only person around in your row was Rick but I appreciate it. 

• Like 1