Blue January 30th

PSUFrankenstein

In the house were @mute1080, @JFskiDan @Mixilplix@antman12@theprogram4, @Johnny Law, @Benm, @enjoralas, @momskeeztoo , falco's crew, matt edge, pops, and probably a bunch of other people I forgot. First run for me was sidewinder, followed by a slick run down coming soon.  Top of the Communist Crevasse was ok but got sketchy for me after that.  My goggles turned to ice and the trail was pretty firm.  Lazy, main, and switch were all pretty good.   Brunch in the lot and beers which was awesome.   Had a bacon egg and scrapple sandwich and some chorizo.  

JADIP, just another day in Palmerton 

20220130_083050.jpg

• Like 7

Today was super good, the snow wasn't as good as yesterday with some crappy spots around but still very very good.  

The ice has come in and frozen up Chukchi Sea, it's not terrible but very fast and hard so icebreaking ships only.  You can make it to the Berlin wall but your going to be moving very fast. 

I think yesterday pretty much everything was very high trafficked and as such the drier softer snow has yielded to a more blue like surface. Still very good but more to watch out for. Switch and main were best or maybe Chute for putting me on my ass.

Super disappointed to miss my favorite meal, toast and I were talking about the fruit by the foot pancakes but it's my brother's bday and the responsible thing to do was leave at 930.....so I left at 1045 🤣🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

First run down Challenge was superb, if/when you got into a groomer groove.  Definitely the best snow I’ve skied on it this year by far.  Took a run down the Communist chute which had a skiff of overblow, but not enough to make it great, so popped out to the bumps which had some new, firm chalk show.  Hope to get back to it later.  Unfortunately there was a race today, so the quad was probably going to be busy.

Main was pretty good, but by the time I got to Switch it was already chewed up and spit out marbles.

Eventually discovered the extreme left edge of Sidewinder had some extraordinarily good snow the entire run, so we just kept lapping that so long as the quad lines allowed.

Lines got too long by noon, so headed for the lot.  @mute1080, @PSUFly, @enjoralas and Pops still hanging and cooking up the last of breakfast/lunch, so got to sample the delicious, as usual, wares.  The pancakes were off the hook, sausage and luckily a few slices of scrapple remained.  Went and fetched @momskeeztoo who promised to stop by and made sure she did!

Had to do some searching for Paradise and found it on Sidewinder today.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Had a nice day. Glad I got to sample the delicious breakfast for lunch. Thanks @enjoralas Didn’t do CS today, heard from a reliable source it wasn’t great, and Khrushchev’s crevice was not worth it. Best snow was on Switchback. But I am biased, as that is my favorite trail. 

Thanks for dropping by and helping finish up the provisions! Like I said, always a standing invite to come over and hang out and eat. The more people, the less my fat ass eats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Thanks for dropping by and helping finish up the provisions! Like I said, always a standing invite to come over and hang out and eat. The more people, the less my fat ass eats.

All the food was great, thanks! I’ll definitely be back the next weekend I ski, which may be awhile. Working next Saturday, probably do some family stuff Sunday. Off to Sugarloaf the following weekend 

• Like 2

And any of you guys whose wife/girlfriend skis or rides, but doesn’t want to come with you, because they won’t be able to keep up, they are welcome to ride with me when I’m there. My group is definitely no pressure. Do what you want when skiing/riding. That’s what it’s about. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

And any of you guys whose wife/girlfriend skis or rides, but doesn’t want to come with you, because they won’t be able to keep up, they are welcome to ride with me when I’m there. My group is definitely no pressure. Do what you want when skiing/riding. That’s what it’s about. 

If that is the case, you have to rethink your choices.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, momskeeztoo said:

I’ll extend that offer to any PASRs if their wife or girlfriend wants to ski or ride with me I’ll slow down the pace and try not to mansplain.  

D97BF46B-62AC-422F-BEDE-2EB362539A73.gif

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1