12/10…sunny Saturday. Back to winter.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain. Everybody was in the house except for Root, Justo, Schifdawg, Shadows and ZZSlope.  It was in the low 20s to start with a rising sun.  The snowmaking cannons were blasting to the max on lower Main Street, midway and lazy mile.  

First run on Coming Soon was pretty decent but lower Paradise was bad.  Solid cookies, ice and lots of people.  Burma was also pretty slick and busy and the upper part of Paradise wasn’t that bad.  Crowds were pretty light but the ski instructors and race team are back clogging up the terrain.  

I didn’t plan on hanging out in the lot long but put in a decent lot session with lots of PASRs and enjoyed cheese balls and chips.  All in all it wasn’t the best skiing but was better than not skiing and got to hangout with Salty, nastar Glenn and Matt edge.  JADIP

5A2AD790-5228-45F7-9F25-64E235447EB3.jpeg

21785840-5F01-4A21-ABDA-66FD7E77BFBC.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Curious, they lit up Mainstreet pretty good does that mean they have the new 6 pack cable on? 

it appears as though its on.  They were blowing on lower main only.  Lazy, and i think midway as well.  Really hoping we get some new terrain for next weekend.  When Midway isnt being used by everybody to get down, it sure can be a ton of fun.  

• Like 2

Early morning conditions sucked, as they seemed to only put a skiff of new snow down on the existing trails and what they did put down wasn't good.
They seemed to be more interested in starting to work on new terrain.

However, later in the morning, the scraped off stuff on the edges of Coming Soon and lower Paradise turned into a lot of fun for some serious early season thigh burn.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain. Everybody was in the house except for Root, Justo, Schifdawg, Shadows and ZZSlope.  It was in the low 20s to start with a rising sun.  The snowmaking cannons were blasting to the max on lower Main Street, midway and lazy mile.  

First run on Coming Soon was pretty decent but lower Paradise was bad.  Solid cookies, ice and lots of people.  Burma was also pretty slick and busy and the upper part of Paradise wasn’t that bad.  Crowds were pretty light but the ski instructors and race team are back clogging up the terrain.  

I didn’t plan on hanging out in the lot long but put in a decent lot session with lots of PASRs and enjoyed cheese balls and chips.  All in all it wasn’t the best skiing but was better than not skiing and got to hangout with Salty, nastar Glenn and Matt edge.  JADIP

5A2AD790-5228-45F7-9F25-64E235447EB3.jpeg

21785840-5F01-4A21-ABDA-66FD7E77BFBC.jpeg

Holding out for more terrain.

• Like 1

This is pretty cool, you can see all the people skiing on Paradise and less people on Trail Coming Soon. It's rad that @AtomicSkier and I were down there only hours earlier and then we were flying overhead, looking down at all the tiny people shredding the gnar.

IMG_8231.thumb.JPG.ed2665a1bd8c0d71f7efde83c198f107.JPG

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 7
  • Boner City 1

48 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Just got home from Hershey. the roads starting around hickory run were somewhat spicy. Curious to hear how today was.

It must have been pretty sick because Grilled Steeze still hasn't posted a report and it's 2:53 pm. He must be taking a very long post skiing nap and SUJOPO.

• Thanks 1